Kitty Bed

tayzeanna

I made this bed for my cat. I just found out that I need to bring her home from my parents house because my Dad has some serious lung issues right now (COPD and empthazema). Unfortunately my boyfriend is allergic to her. So she must stay in the basement. Any ideas on how to make he bed warmer? I want to make sure she is comfortable, because this will be new living quarters for her. She is used to being queen of the house and free to roam wherever she wishes, now she is limited to where she can go. I feel bad for her. I am trying to make it all nicey-nice for her. Anyway, here is the bed I made for her.

th_IMG00002.jpg

I would place it either on top of a pillow or place an old terrycloth towel it it. Or you could just stitch up a lil pillow to fit in it. by cutting up an old towel into two circles stitch them together and fill with fiberfill.

:manyheart

You could line it with batting and fleece. Fleece it washable and doesn't shrink but holds warmth great! Get a high loft batting for extra cushyness, or low/medium loft for more flexibility.

Yeah I am sure he could get allergy pills. He won't admit this, but he actually likes my cat.(Cat don't like him!) He is always playing with her. I think she will end up upstairs eventually. He was already talking about going to the pet store to get her a real mouse to catch, just so he can watch her catch it.

Best case--have boyfriend get pills for allergies and let cat come out of the basement or maybe kitty would be welcome at a friend's house where she wouldn't be kept separated from family. I use my odds and ends of leftover yarn to make blankies and little rugs for my chis to cuddle up on. I know I sound a little harsh but "animals" are "people" too.

• 7 months later...

Very nice cat bed. :) How did everything work out with the allergy problem? I took care of my worst trouble by putting a screen door on my bedroom doorway (along with my regular bedroom door) and that keeps the animals out of my bedroom and off my bed and I still get ventilation. I could cope with all the other exposure, but not in my bed!

• 4 months later...

Very cute, put a few warm blankets inside and inbetween you could put a heat mat, I have a few for my furbabies when they have been outside in the cold for ages.

They are like the wheat bags you heat up in the microwave, but are flat, my cats love them, have a look on e-bay that's where I got mine from.

Archived