Dumb ? about Spiderman RR

JessR

Question

Hi there :) I'm currently working on the Spiderman Round Ripple from http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-qgW50WM2eq_FTtR.HOXoDro-?cq=1&p=74

I'm just finishing row 14 (the four rounds of blue following the first round of black) and I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

The pattern says to repeat rows 7-9, working a small shell row then two large shell rows. Does that include the black or is it only the blue and red? What I mean is, does the black row ALWAYS have the small shell in the ch-2 space or does that vary as you go along?

I'd just hate to get really far along only to realize I screwed up a long ways back :)

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

The black row is always sc, but it can be small- or large-shell depending on where it falls in the sequence. Sometimes it's small, sometimes large. That's what I did with mine and they turned out well. :)

Yes, that is what I did too! You need to follow the 2 large shells, 1 small shell sequence so the blanket will lay flat. You can mess around with how big or small you want the color bands to be, but always follow the pattern.

That's the way I did mine although mine is black and white, so the white was the row I did in single crochet, I just did the large or small shell wherever I was in the pattern.

Archived