6' scarf made with lilac frosting yarn from Hobby Lobby

Cotton Candee

Wow!! That yarn sure looks yummy!! Love the color!! Is it a worsted weight yarn or bulky??:think I've made a few scarves lately, and I've been tooooo lazy to put fringe. And after looking at them, I decided not to add fringe!! I thought they looked just fine without it!!:)

Wow!! That yarn sure looks yummy!! Love the color!! Is it a worsted weight yarn or bulky??:think I've made a few scarves lately, and I've been tooooo lazy to put fringe. And after looking at them, I decided not to add fringe!! I thought they looked just fine without it!!:)

It is actually the frosting yarn that is not bulky and another of the red heart of the same color. Makes working with the specialty yarns easier... It feels like heaven... super soft... :c9

Almost forgot to say I like it without fringe. I made so many scarfs for christmas and only put fringe on one. I did my best friend's with fringe because she says it makes her feel warmer.

arial.ttf--14.gif

Thank you and I will have to ask the girl buying it on Monday if she wants fringe... She is a BIG girl and wanted one 6' to 8' long... Oh, and it streatches too! Both long and width ways. Weird but I guess it was the loose stitches I used.

As an alternative to fringe, sometimes I like to put a little ruffle with the same yarn. For instance, several dc in each stitch on the end. Just a thought. :)

As an alternative to fringe, sometimes I like to put a little ruffle with the same yarn. For instance, several dc in each stitch on the end. Just a thought. :)

Thank you for the idea!

Sue, Your scarf is beautiful! Looks so soft and warm. I think I like it with out fringe also. It's in my favorite color too!

Ohhh, it looks warm AND gorgeous "as is" to me (of course, I'm not a big fan of fringe anyway). It's nice to be able to see how that luscious Frosting yarn works up. Thanks for sharing! :clap

You make me want to drive to Greensboro to go to Hobby Lobby - looks so yummy. And 6' is a lot of scarf! (I'm all of 5', so you see the problem. Tee-hee.)

I am 5'1" so I can't hold it up without it hitting the carpet! Kim, the girl who ordered it wanted it long enough to wrap around her neck and then tuck in her coat! I think it might be long enough at 6' for even that! I am taking it to her tomorrow with a dragon she ordered as well. I will post the dragon later.

Archived