miakayuuki79

Looking for a sweater pattern with flared bottom

Question

I have seen this on Victoria's Secret website and absolutely fell in love with the style. I am trying to find a version of it to crochet. So far I've only found a knitting version on Lion Brand's website. I'm just trying to find a pattern that will give me a sweater with the same shape! Please help!!

Victoria's Secret link:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=3H-205704&page=1&cgname=OSCLOALSZZZ&rfnbr=3728

Lion Brand link:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60618AD.html

8 answers to this question

That is gorgeous, you can try Dropsdesign.com...they have some similar fitted sweaters in crochet...

IMHO I would break down and just BUY the sweater! By the time you get the pattern and buy the yarn and do all the work...the price would be about the same I think!

In the Fall 2007 Interweave Crochet there are two sweaters that may be something you'd be interested in. The first one is the Boatneck Tunic by Dora Ohrenstein. It has a similar neckline and overall shape (you could easily shorten it to make it the same length of the knitted sweater). The next is the Rosemary Sweater by Robyn Chachula. It has a split neck and an empire waist that will make it appear to flare beneath that waist.

I do agree with Debbie though, for $49 you'd probably be better off buying the sweater and making one later if you feel you must make one. That way you've got the original to see how it fits and to use as a template of sorts. :yes

Ah...the challenge of converting this to crochet...just because it's there...yeah sure, for $49.00 buy the sweater...but if you want a good opportunity to tackle a challenge, I would most definately try to make it...making things isn't always about saving money...it's for the satisfaction of "climbing that mountain 'cause it's there!"

I'm already mentally converting this pattern to crochet in my head...

Well, if you ever do get to make either of those lovely sweaters, by all means, post pictures....but as for me....most of the time I like to take the much easier detour Around the mountain! LOL!:lol