How difficult?

Darsa

Question

Hello! :hook

I was meandering around free patterns and ran across THIS GUY who is my new hero! I want to do just about EVERY pattern in his freebie section :manyheart

Anyway! One of the things I want to try is the Monet Afghan for my mom for Mother's Day. It's on that page, down a ways. Has anyone here done that one, and can you tell me how difficult it was? It LOOKS complicated, but oh, so gorgeous. I even already have some of the yarn needed :D Is it feasible that an "evening crocheter" would be able to get this done by Mother's Day?

Thanks in advance! :yes

11 answers to this question

Drew is a member of the 'Ville, I have made 4 of the squares so far, I find the pattern to be clear and easy.

I think that if you have any question they could be answered quite simply.

:hug

"This Guy" is a sweetheart, a member of the 'ville and a very, very talented knit and crochet designer.

His is one of the names i run into frequently in crochet magazines with always gorgeous well-written patterns.

i've heard This Guy has a crochet book in the works - his knitting book was published last year. i'm waiting....:D

in the mean time i'll finish the gorgeous Ming Tree skirt:crochetingthat's been a pleasure to make...

"This Guy" is a sweetheart, a member of the 'ville and a very, very talented knit and crochet designer.

His is one of the names i run into frequently in crochet magazines with always gorgeous well-written patterns.

i've heard This Guy has a crochet book in the works - his knitting book was published last year. i'm waiting....:D

in the mean time i'll finish the gorgeous Ming Tree skirt:crochetingthat's been a pleasure to make...

Thanks Paulette! :hug

How's that Ming Tree coming along?

:bounce

Thanks Paulette! :hug

How's that Ming Tree coming along?

Ah, Dude, the Ming Tree is GORGEOUS, of course! :manyheart Even makes my lumps and bumps look good, and that's no easy feat! You are an awesome pattern writer as well as the incredible designs you come up with (how do you do it???) my teenage daughter gave me compliments:faint*break out the smelling salts*

About the crochet book you're writing... i'm wait-ting :hyper*taps foot impatiently*

Ah, Dude, the Ming Tree is GORGEOUS, of course! :manyheart Even makes my lumps and bumps look good, and that's no easy feat! You are an awesome pattern writer as well as the incredible designs you come up with (how do you do it???) my teenage daughter gave me compliments:faint*break out the smelling salts*

About the crochet book you're writing... i'm wait-ting :hyper*taps foot impatiently*

The book comes out this fall! Stay tuned!!

And how about some pics of the Ming Tree!? :yes

Aww, "This Guy. . ." I remember when he was but a newbie. . .now he's all grown up and saving China!

Okay, maybe not but I quote Mushu when I'm happy :)

Still love ya Drew! Even though I'm sure you don't remember me anymore! LOL

hugs

Ro

Aww, "This Guy. . ." I remember when he was but a newbie. . .now he's all grown up and saving China!

Okay, maybe not but I quote Mushu when I'm happy :)

Still love ya Drew! Even though I'm sure you don't remember me anymore! LOL

hugs

Ro

Don't be silly, of course I remember you!! :hug

Now back to saving China... :wink

Isn't that just Awesome with a capital A, that a crocheter can come here to the Ville & convo with the designers? Even famous ones like Drew! His patterns are Awesome too & easy to follow.

Thanks Shell! Isn't Crochetville the BEST?! I love it here; there is no better place for encouragement, support, and friendship on the 'net. :yes

Don't be silly, of course I remember you!! :hug

Now back to saving China... :wink

OMG Woot!!! Drew remembers me! I'm so happpyyyyy *squishy hug* now that you're all famous and stuff I was sure you'd have forgotten! I've been so out of blogdom and all for so long now.

Between this and my square making it into Grandmother Purl's afghan last year. . .what more could I possibly hope for in my crochet life? I don't think there's much left!

Just I guess to get in touch with the beloved Vegetable Liberation Army goddess. I miss her so much!

Congrats on the new book coming out Dude! You have worked so hard you deserve every bit of your success!

xoxo

Ro

Archived