Bookmark scarf

catheryn

2214860652_dee1107cd6_m.jpg

While prowling on Ravelry, I saw where several ladies had taken this Pattern of Chrochetroo used a larger hook and worsted weight yarn, and made some really lovely scarves. Come to think of it, I am pretty sure someone on here has done this before, also. So, I thought I would try the same thing. Absolutely amazing how quick this pattern works up. AND it makes a lovely scarf. For mine, I used a size J Clover soft touch hook, some Mainstays yarn and I worked 35 of the fan patterns. It is just a shade short of 5 1/2 feet in length prior to steam blocking. A great size to wrap a couple of times around your neck and still have some length left. Thank you Chrochetroo. I love your pattern.

"Was that the hook that tater ate? ":eek

"With all these new projects you are doing, you are going to have to replenish your stash."

He ate my I Clover soft touch. And the only reason he lived is because I have a spare set!!!:manyheart

And no more yarn buying until I finish up the stash......and believe me, it will be quite awhile!!!!

It's beautiful! What's "steam blocking"? Is that something I should be doing with my acrylic scarves to keep them from continueing to stretch?

I just pin them to the size I want on a blocking board and steam the heck out of them with my iron!!!!

Aren't they fun to do??? I also made one from chochetroo bookmarks. Someone in another forum asked about a pattern being sold on e-bay. Funny part was the pattern was PDF file and she was sold out.

?????? how can you be sold out? anyways I gave them crochetroo site and said this looks like the same pattern.

Only thing I did differant from her pattern was close the start up point so its more rounded.

Brenda

Aren't they fun to do??? I also made one from chochetroo bookmarks. Someone in another forum asked about a pattern being sold on e-bay. Funny part was the pattern was PDF file and she was sold out.

?????? how can you be sold out? anyways I gave them crochetroo site and said this looks like the same pattern.

Only thing I did differant from her pattern was close the start up point so its more rounded.

Brenda

Sold out? The pattern is free on my site, © copyright crochetroo. All sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I no its free on your site and thats what I told the gals.and gave them your link.

BTW thank you for that pattern. I'm making a headband now so I match with the bookmark when reading. lol

Brenda

PS I think someone busted her is the reason she said sold out.

Thanks so much for translating this pattern into a scarf and linking it to its original bookmark pattern design!

I had run across a similar (but not identical, I double checked today) version of this on etsy (albeit knitted) and was determined to crochet something similar for my best friend.

Her mother passed on about two years ago of cancer and was an avid crocheter - since that time my friend has been wanting me to make her a brown scarf but I haven't had the perfect design until now.

Thanks a million - I'm working on the scarf right this second and will post pictures when I am finished!

Archived