Cafe au Lait neck scarf

crochetsal

I had this idea when I saw a display of Sean Sheep yarn at Wal-Mart. I used (lost the label, but think it was) Ivory Spice colour of their Byron Bay yarn. For the main piece, I used that and one strand of a velvety cream colour yarn, I can't find the name of through their site. Both yarns recommend a 6-7mm hook. The top and bottom trim is simply the cream colour yarn. I bought the buttons at the same time I bought the yarn, having the picture in mind even a few weeks before I finally made it.

VTXGT-NBKZS-neckscarf2.JPG

My daughters wouldn't model this for me, the one thinks it's ridiculous and will NOT be seen with me if I wear it outside, the other thinks it's dorky. I'm not sure exactly what to call the scarf, my first thought was Cafe au Lait.

Sally

LUV LUV LUV - Was this yarn at WM recently??? Last time I was at our tiny one, I didn't see it - hope they have now or will get SOON!!

May I ask how you get this on?? Do you slip over the head or does it have buttons, etc. in the back??

Another person on here has made some like these - they remind me of the crocheted thread collars taken into the 20th century (isn't that what century we're in, don't laugh I really am that dumb! =) =) - a girl just can't keep track).

Archived