Boteh scarf!

Krakovianka

I have wanted the pattern for this ever since I first saw it. (It is from the Spring 2007 Interweave Crochet magazine.) A wonderful Crochetville member sent me a copy of the whole magazine (not just this pattern) in December, and I decided the treat myself to some very nice yarn to make it.

This is a wool/mohair/acrylic blend--very soft and fuzzy--and I am very happy with it. My 10yo, who almost always asks, every time I crochet something, "Is that for me?" told me she didn't was this. She doesn't like the pattern or the color. Neither does my 14yo daughter. Nobody is impressed.

But I don't care! I love the pattern, I love the color, and I will be the one using it!

I even started a second one already, in a cotton/rayon blend for spring!2213410963_c881b5266b.jpg2213410967_20bda1aba3.jpg

The second photo is a much more accurate representation of the color.

Thanks so much, my friend--you know who you are!--for giving me the chance to make this for myself!

I can't believe your kids don't like it! Is it just not "young" enough? I think it looks fabulous and very expensive! But then, I'm not a spring chick either *hee hee*

I was just going through my issues of Interweave Crochet the other day, and added this scarf on my list of things to make! Now just to figure out what yarn to make it in.

Great scarf! I love the color & the pattern. Kids usually always want bright colors, but I love neutrals more for myself. It looks like it will go with lots of colors.

Archived