Crutch Pads.....Another Use For S&C/P&C Yarn

DreamsOfYarn

I know this isn't exactly an accessory, but since I did accessorize something, I thought I'd post this here.

My DD Hilly injured her knee while skiing Sunday night and will be on crutches for a minimum of 2 weeks. She asked me to make something to put more padding on the underarm pad. I let her pick what color she wanted, and this is what I came up with while watching Harry Potter with her. I hope this works for her.

th_HillysCrutchPads1.jpg

th_HillysCrutchPads1a.jpg

th_HillysCrutchPads1b.jpg

all clickable

Thank you everyone.

So far they are working great for her. Then again, she hasn't been on the crutches for any length of time. The big test will be tomorrow(Wednesday) when we go back to the doctor so she can be fitted for and get her brace.

They look wonderful. Could you possibly post the pattern, as my 17 year old son has what they call an unstable ankle (because of his height and fast growth rate) that they say won't become stable until he actually stops growing. He has been on crutches that many times that he now owns his own set.

Tying a thick piece of foam over the arm pieces and then covering them with your covers would be wonderful.

Thanks Dianne

They look wonderful. Could you possibly post the pattern, as my 17 year old son has what they call an unstable ankle (because of his height and fast growth rate) that they say won't become stable until he actually stops growing. He has been on crutches that many times that he now owns his own set.

Tying a thick piece of foam over the arm pieces and then covering them with your covers would be wonderful.

Thanks Dianne

Dianne, I will try to write out the pattern later on today. We are getting ready to go back to the Doctor so she can get fitted for her brace. It is going to be another long day. But I will have crochet time :hook

Archived