shelly_bean

issues... help needed

Ok not my first time felting, but this is my first time felting anything so small and circular. I am making the lion brand checker board. My checkers are not felting as well as i like. I have done it three times. should I take them out of the pillowcase and risk losing some or keep at it in the pillow case ( my issue is that they curl in on themselves and so the insides are not felting very well, i open them up and turn them inside out but they are still having issues.) Help please.

Maybe the pillow case just needs to have a couple of items added so that the pieces get beat up more -- I like to use the caps from bottles of detergent.

do you think it would help if you safety pinned them to the inside of the bag? Notwithstanding the pattern instructions, I think I would have felted a large piece and then cut the checkers out of the felted piece.

ohhh what a great idea!!! i stuck the jeans in there. but that didn't work. never thought to use bottle caps. thanks!!!

do you think it would help if you safety pinned them to the inside of the bag? Notwithstanding the pattern instructions, I think I would have felted a large piece and then cut the checkers out of the felted piece.

safety pinning. never would have thought about that. thanks!!!

I too would make a large flat piece, felt it and then cut them out.

I too would make a large flat piece, felt it and then cut them out.

Gotta keep this in mind next time I do some felting. Thanks!

I agree, I think it would be easiest to felt a larger piece and then sculpt your checkers.