Beaded Crochet Necklace

TheLadyWind

Hello All,

This is my first attempt at beaded crochet. Not sure what category to put it in. It is an accessory and thread. :)

This is my own design called "Sona Gold."

I made it for my sister.

s320x240/">

My sister, modeling :) Isn't she beautiful! (my sister) the necklace is nice too.

s320x240

Materials used:

DMC 5 Metallic Pearl Embroidery floss (Gold)

Blue Moon Beads 6 mm Bead Gold (27 beads)

Gold Plated Jewelry connection: Lobster Clasp

Size 7/1.5mm Susan Bates Crochet Hook

Total time, 2.5 hours

This is awesome and so is your sister!!! Did you add the beads as you crocheted? It looks lovely!can you say I like it a lot?

Yes I strung the beads on the thread first and then I crocheted them into my design. :) It is my first time beading and crocheting with such think thread...I am pretty happy with the results. My grandmother was impressed and she is going to India next month...she said she is going to get me crochet thread from there to make more :) I am so excited!

Beautiful! Looks like your sister thinks so, too!

My sister is my biggest fan :) I am hers. She knitted me a necklace that I am very proud of :) When she finishes it, I will post a picture :)

Where in India is she visiting? There are lots of cool threads here!! Once again lovely piece!

She will be in the Mumbai area....lol, near the metro cinema (that is the direction I always give to the cab drivers if I get lost there)

Very beautiful! It fits your sister perfectly!

I measured her favorite necklace (14.5 inches) and I made a practice section of the necklace to see how many sections I need to make that lenth :)

Archived