Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here is a pic of my ripple so far.......my husband says the colors remind him of his childhood so I had to remind him that this one is for the baby, not him! :lol

Laura,

I love those colors. When I first saw the pic, I thought the variegated was one of those ribbon yarns.

Jackie

Laurawithchild - your ripple looks so nice! I love seeing the different looks - some are kind of mingly (is that a word?) colors and others look so crisp like yours.

Sherrilynn - beautiful ripple. What color is that? I also love the painting. It's great when things can work so well together and coordinate.

I really need to work on mine. I haven't touched it for weeks, and haven't even taken a picture, although I want to wait until it's a little further along. It doesn't look so great yet because there are only 3 out of the 5 colors so far. However, it may not look that great in the end, because I picked the colors I liked without worrying (much) about matching. It's a project all for me! It's soft though, so I want to finish it soon so I can use it!

:clap congrats on the finished ripple...it's beatiful...I love those colors (and the painting) :D

My first ripple, my first afghan, my first big crochet project of any kind....FINISHED! :clap

Chrystal's Ripple Afghan

I took the picture w/the painting that shares it's colors. ;) It is too bad that it will not stay there....this is a birthday present that I must get mailed soon!

I would like to join in also. I dont have a particular pattern yet. I think I will just make it up as I go along. I think I will use my light yellow, light purple and purple simply soft yarn and make a baby ripple blanket.

I cant wait to get started.

very pretty baby blanket... I am almost done with the warm waves ripple....6 rows to go...yippee!! M y husband has been working on a friends computer so I haven't been able to visit all day! couldn't wait any longer, so I am using my cell phone... talk about obsessed lol. Hope everyone is well. Happy rippling!

Well, I skipped the baby blanket for now, and I am making a barbie sized ripple blanket, I have 6 rows done, and it is about as wide as my hand is long. I am making it in light purple.

I found the pattern for it at http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/cp2.html

I just made a chain as long as I wanted and followed the instructions from there. It is realy easy.

After I finish the barbie sized one, I think I am going to have a go at a larger one.

Here is the link to what I have finished so far.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ILvYarn/103_5793.jpg

Hi Everyone -

I am getting very frustrated because I have had absolutely no time to work on my ripple :thair I still only have my original rows! We've had the flu running rampant around here :sick:fever and being a SAHM, have my hands full. My hubby helps as soon as he get home, but I'm too tired to crochet (afraid I'll make a mistake cause I'm tired).

Add to that fact, we are keeping our house "spotless" and "ready to show" as we are putting our house up for sale :juggle I feel like everything is topsey turvey right now!

I am actually dreaming of working on my precious afghan, can you believe it?? This is my first afghan and I got such a good, easy, fun start and now I feel like I'm on hold! But......I have promised myself that I WILL get at least two more rows done today!!!

I really admire all of you and all that you have accomplished! Your photos are wonderful and help to keep me motivated to not just "throw in the towel" until things simmer down.

Marie :eek

I just finished up Barbies Ripple Lap Blanket.:clap:cheer It is 7" across, and 4.5" long(measured along the edge).It is 12 rows high. http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ILvYarn/103_5794.jpg

It actually gave me an idea for a swap, I will have to wait until I have my 30+30, or if Someone would like to set it up with me. :hook

To make it I used Caron Simply Soft yarn(brights could work as well), and H 5.00mm acrylic hook.

I used bevs baby ripple afghan pattern, but rather than 6 sc before the inc/dec I made it with 4sc. www.bevscountrycottage.com/cp2.html

For the swap, I was thinking of making them a certian length/width and we can leave them unfinished on the edges, and sew them together after we get them. Everyone will endup with a nice little(or big) blanket, to keep or give away. In regards to Bevs copyright, I am only asking that they not be sold, since her patterns are for humanatarian purposes.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I started on a regular sized ripple blanket. Using the same pattern as the smaller one. Right now it has 3 rows of Caron baby rainbow print, and 3 rows Simply Soft light yellow. I am looking through my stash to see what color(s) to make the rest of it :crocheting

Yay! All those beautiful blankets! I have put mine down for right now because I am trying to get my first sweater done before Easter (I want to show it off to my family and DH's family). But then its right back to the ripple.....

I managed to get 3 out of the 6 rows I have left on the warm waves ripple done last night...yippee!! I have started a baby blanket for my 18 month old neice...who gave us quite a scare on Sun. She had a seizure and stopped breathing!!! Come to find out it was due to the fever/cold she's had...there is a condition that causes this and it could take until she's 6 or 7 before she grows out of it...poor baby! So, of course I instantly decided she needed a blankie!! I'll post pics as soon as can...along with my finished ripple hopefully!!!

I think I have finally managed to get every 1 in the CAL along with pics that have been posted...in the 1st post :clap:clap

Please let me know if I missed anything. I love being able to check out all the pics in one place!! Will do my best to keep it updated! Happy rippling to all!

I started on a regular sized ripple blanket. Using the same pattern as the smaller one. Right now it has 3 rows of Caron baby rainbow print, and 3 rows Simply Soft light yellow. I am looking through my stash to see what color(s) to make the rest of it :crocheting

I was searching through my stash, and realized, that nothing I have looks good together bc I dont have alot of one color. So, I went to Walmart and bought some new yarn. I got Red Heart Soft Baby in New Mint Twinkle.

I have 2 rows finished, and I like how it is coming out. I will post a pic when I have more done.

Rippleaddiction , Thats so cool that you have all the CAL members on the first post with links to their blankets!!! Oh boy, I have soooo many favorites after checking out all the links!:manyheart Makes me want to start about a million other ripples!!! :lol And I already have way too many crochet projects started! :D I can't help it!! I wish I had more arms so I could work on ALL the things I want to crochet and not have to wait! I started a baby round ripple today. I've never made a RR, so I was anxious to try making one. I will post a pic later.

Marie, Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you feel better soon! If you want to post pics you have to host your pic somewhere like photobucket or imageshack.us for example and then copy and paste the image code where it asks for the URL. Hope that makes sense to you. if not I think somewhere at the top of the forum they have help posts about posting photos and such.

you have to upload the photo to a photo site like www.flickr.com or photobucket (I like flickr better) then you can copy the url when you right click on the pic and go to properties...good luck and hope this helps!

I have my pics saved to my Photos file on my computer. How do I post a picture here? When I try to insert it asks for an URL??

Marie

Archived