Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

rippleaddiction....mine was from the 200 ripple stitch book and there is one in that book that looks very similar to urs.....is it very difficult? it is VERY pretty and YES i do like the colors:clap

not difficult at all...5 DC at the "peak" and 4 Dcdec. to make the valley!!! Thank you so much!!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rippleaddiction: i started another ripple and it is the same one that you are making! (the warm waves) i didn't realize it until i just scrolled thru here again.....it's fun so far and seems to go pretty fast. but, don't u think the rr goes even faster? anyway, just thought i'd let u know i was starting another one and will post a progress pic, soon. just started it so i only have about 5 rows done, becuase i am also working on a rr for a baby gift.

rippleaddiction: i started another ripple and it is the same one that you are making! (the warm waves) i didn't realize it until i just scrolled thru here again.....it's fun so far and seems to go pretty fast. but, don't u think the rr goes even faster? anyway, just thought i'd let u know i was starting another one and will post a progress pic, soon. just started it so i only have about 5 rows done, becuase i am also working on a rr for a baby gift.

That's wonderful...great to know that someone is making the same one...what colors are you using?

I agree, the RR works up faster...but I still really like doing the warm waves.

Can't wait to see your progress!!

i am using RH warm brown, carrot, and woodsy....i kinda like it...only have about 8 rows finished so far

about how many rows can you do in the warm waves pattern each night (say in about 2 hours)?

that sounds pretty...I know the warm brown and carrot, I haven't seen the woodsy though. Can't wait to see a picture!!! How wide did you make it? I can't remember what my beginning chain was but it is really wide!! I would say I get about 6 rows done in 2 hours...more or less depending on what's on tv...lol. I will try to measure the width of it and let you know.

OOOOH! I want to be in please! :clap I am in the middle of another ripple right now.

Here are some pics. I am using pattern#71 American School Of Needlework , 101 Ripple Stitches to knit and crochet. By Jean Leinhauser.

Not sure if I like the color combo now, but I'm too far into it to change now. lol.

img0913yn5.jpg

img0942rl3.jpg

img0943ji0.jpg

I like your color combo. I was scrolling quickly through this thread and it really caught my eye. Very Nice!

I like your color combo. I was scrolling quickly through this thread and it really caught my eye. Very Nice!

Thanks Midds! I thought it was a good idea at first but now I'm sure that I like the Turquoise color in there. I don't know... Oh well... I gotta finish it now. :lol

Here is a round ripple completed about a week ago. This uses Red Heart Grande (very chunky) yarn that I had leftover from another project. It's very bright and colorful and would probably be great for a young child.

th_HPIM0640.jpg

th_HPIM0642.jpg close up

Very very pretty!!!!! I love the colors. I can't wait until I get some of my projects done so that I can try to make my first rr.

:think I would like to add every-1 in the CAL to the 1st post and then a pic of their completed ripple....can someone tell me how to do this??? :think

Thank you!

It would be great if you wanted to do that

I think it's something like this

post #2 from hooked2

Everyone's ripples are so beautiful! I had no clue there were so many types of ripples. Thanks to the many mentions of 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton....I now have my own copy. :yes

My progress isn't enough to post another picture....yet. Soon, I hope!

Rippleaddiction, I think that is a wonderful idea to post the finished ripples in the first post. It is so helpful; some of these CALs get loooong.

Hello fellow ripplers...

How is every 1 doing? I am almost done with my warm waves ripple, and started panicing a little about what to make next. So I've decided on Susan B's easy ripple and am going to play with some colors tonight. Hopefully I can get a pic posted tom.

I commented on your other post. But, I'll say again....your colors are fantastic! :)

I'm still plugging along. My stitches have 'relaxed' somewhat and it is a tad wider than it was at the start. It will have to do.....there is NO WAY I am frogging all that work! I suspected I would do this and tried to compensate....which is probably a good thing I did or it would be really obvious by now!

Archived