Dishcloths Galore

catheryn

My mother's birthday is Thursday. Usually I will send flowers and some type of gift card, but this year is different. When I spoke to her on the phone this past Thursday, I asked what she would like for a gift. Her response was "DISHCLOTHS"! You see, I forgot to make her some for Christmas....even though I made her 3 different shawls, several neckwarmers and about a dozen doilies, she will not let me forget there were no dishcloths under her tree. So here are 18 that are going into the mail in the morning. That should keep her happy for a little while!

Some are crochet, some are knit, all are made with Peaches 'n Creme from Elmore Pisgah. You will probably recognize Kimberly's crazy cloth pattern. That is by far my favorite crochet pattern. Along with a new favorite from the Lion Brand site the Sedge Stitch. The others are old favorites and new patterns found while prowling on Ravelry. Hope ya'll like them!

2210179740_e669fd6e44_m.jpg2209373347_39caf5a864_m.jpg

2210177500_ddc18d25fa_m.jpg2210162654_207e9cbe0f_m.jpg

2210175458_74e12b0d08_m.jpg

2209379735_f7c5408ea1_m.jpg

2209375843_c039a4172d_m.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are really pretty. I was wondering what size you made? I am new to dishcloths and made a few different patterns, but the sizes listed are so varied and found most were too big. Some were rectangles and others just too bulky. I like the "rougher" surface on one of the patterns I made, but the sizes are just not right..

Yours look just right. What size did you make them?

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

Wow! You weren't joking when you wrote "dishcloth galore"! I really like the knit one with the mitered look. I'm not that good at knitting, but hope to be able to try that pattern. I love using ravelry for pattern searching! It's so nice to see what others have done with the pattern. Love all the dishcloths!

Very very colourful. All the dishcloths look absolutely pretty. I use to wonder if people really used crocheted and knitted dishcloths. Now I know they DO. You see here in India dishcloths are always made from cloth, new from cotton material or used old clothes made into dish cloths. I have been alwasy wondering why crochet or knit dishcloths? Now I know the answer. They are all so beautiful. What yarn have you used and where did you get all the patterns?

You Mom is one lucky lady.

Archived