hook link?

You guys quit mentioning those beautiful hooks! :nono I'm trying to hold out until my birthday and you are making it close to difficult!! :th I get $100 from my MIL for my birthday and I have a mind to get me a set of his hooks with a case. So.... shhh!!! :bad

Tiff... well, just turn your head. Beth, aren't those hook cases just the nicest thing ever? Rick got me one for my birthday last year and I absolutely adore it. Got the cherry wood, it's getting darker and darker as it ages and I just love it. The hooks look so pretty inside, I almost want to frame the whole thing. Okay Tiff, you can look again. :nana

Ugh, what are you guys doing to me!? I am such an influence-able person (sucker?)!

Are the hook ends shaped more like Boye or Bates hooks? They appear to be more like Bates hooks, less "pointy" and with a more "in-line" hook like a "u", less like a "v". I am strictly a Boye devotee, so this could make my decision for me....

Rebecca, I've never broken one, though I AM choosy about which project to use them on. If I need something in a rush, I'll stick with the aluminum Boye hooks. That is not because of a flaw in the hooks, but a flaw in me. I'm a huge clutz. I'm more afraid of stepping or sitting on one if I'm in too big of a hurry. They come out for the projects I can take a little bit of care with.

They are longer than Boye hooks, which does take a bit of getting used to, but after maybe two or three minutes of use I'm good to go. Then it seems odd to use a Boye hook, lol!

Michelle, I am a total Boye hooks user, I've tried the Bates hooks and just can't use 'em. You're right, the hook shape is a little different than a Boye looks, but I have no problem with these. Like a Boye, they are rounded and graduated to the tip, it just doesn't come across in a two-dimensional picture. I tried for you, but I'm not sure if these are good enough to help or not.

front.jpgIMAG0002.jpg

That is my favorite and well-used P hook.

Thanks for all the good info Julie, maybe I'll try them sometime soon. I have been eyeing them for a while, but when people start talking about how good they are, well, you know...:bounce

I am with Julie.. I have never broken one .. but I dont have his in smaller hook sizes.. plus even if i did i am not a tight crocheter.. so i have never broken a hook..I just love his work and his sense of service is incredible..i asked him to make me a special hook and i had it two days after he got my payment.. now that is FAST!!

my favourites are the maple that is what i have with the exception of my custom hook and it had to be cherry .. i just love maple.. what ever wood you decide though i think you will be happy and enjoyyour hooks for years to come ..

• 1 month later...

i am so excited to buy some of his hooks - i was turned on to his work here and have decided i have to have at least two right now... i like the african blackwood ones and the cherry too, they're beautiful!! but a case is also a prospect for Christmas... I am excited! New toys! Just have to DECIDE and my order will be placed! :cloud9

I ordered the sizes I used the most, first. My trusty P hook is one of his, and I love it.

Oh yeah, and use this logic - the cost of shipping doesn't go up if you buy more than one hook, so really, you're SAVING money if you buy more than one. :wink I use it every time on Rick, I don't think I really have to use it but it works for me! :rotfl

Ultimately, don't worry so much on which to order first. They are like works of art. Once you have one, you are definitely going to want more. You can count on it! :)h

youare so right julie !!

i just placed an order for 4 more last night .. i am a total addict and once i get all my sizes i will be selling off my brittanys..i could :kick myself for not actually trying one of the brittanys before buying the WHOLE set.. such a disappointment.. i know other ppl really like them .. i am just glad i got them for a good price..i am not gonna try to profit jsut make what i have in them back ..

if any one is interested let me know .. thanks !!

Just to add to the evilness :bad Bill ships internationally so all of you overseas like me can get these wonderful hooks. I have every size he makes (no custom orders though ...yet) and two sets of pens and pencils. Shipping is very reasonable too.

Rachel

Archived