Multi-color granny squares afghan

magiccrochetfan

It is just gorgeous. Like an explosion of color. I love it! :D

As to SS, it's changed a lot recently, and I don't use it much anymore. If I had to make an afghan now, I would use either Vanna's Choice or RH Soft Yarn. Or old SS (you can find some on eBay). I know it's got to be disappointing, though. :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The afghan is gorgeous. Makes me really wanna do something like that, too, but I bet that takes FOREVER to finish!

I dislike using Caron Simply Soft for the reason you mentioned in your edit. I only ever use it in apparel, and even then I'm leery of it. I tend to avoid that yarn. Caron's Perfect Match (also comes as Caron One Pound) is a VERY nice yarn, however. It's hard to believe those two yarns come from the same company!

• 1 year later...

First very beautiful ghan I like how you did it diagonally. Stunning. Second Simply Soft is known to do that. But all yarn do similar things if you think about it. No one yarn is going to be perfect. I like SS because of the bright color choices and it fits my buget. But I do get agrevated with it to. I just tell the recipient that it will pill bad and they are better off hand washing and blocking the item. Of course I only have given to mostly family. (please excuse my spelling too early my brain not working full speed yet)

• 6 months later...

Archived