auntbubbels

my two felting projects

I want to make some simple xmas gifts for the girls in the family (yes I am already planning) and I thought felted trivits would be nice and work up fast. I did one in green but I dont like it - its too boring. I bought offwhite wool and will try another one. Any ideas to make it brighter

th_wips002.jpg

The other photo is a red clutch I did for fun. I didn't put a clasp or strap on it. I want to make wristlets and was trying this out but it needs to be smaller. I really need help in matching yarns together for felting. Any ideas would be welcomed. I thought wristlets would be fun but I really believe that the color combo is what makes the project

Nice! I like how the pattern still shows in the black some; it makes it look like you added something extra!

I really like your idea of making trivets! I think you did a nice job with those. You could embroider flowers or some other design just to add a little variety to the felting. I would love to see how embroidery (with wool) felts.

You could use a wild button. There are also some beautiful variegated wool yarns. Or just stripe it as you go along.

Have fun!

I think I would go with different colors of yarn when you're making it if you want to add interest, but if you add something else to it like buttons or felted flowers or something nothing will be able to sit flatly on it. I like the green one and I don't think it's boring. I think they're neat to sit candles on.