Rose Bath Scrubber - Mother's Day Gift

crochet mama

Wow, I finished two projects in one day. :yay

I have my mom's gift taken care of for Mother's Day. I just finished the rose poof for my mom. I really liked how it turned out. It worked up quickly. My left hand hurts a bit from holding the poof while trying to crochet into sl sts, but it's well worth it. Depending on my day tomorrow and if I can finish my doily, I may work up a couple more poofs.

I used a size H hook and Peaches N Cream White and Variegated Red.

I got the pattern from Crochet Me Magazine.

momdaypouf.jpg

rosepouf.jpg

She's going to like it. My mom is a HUGE supporter of mine. She's got my doilies all over her house and some toilet tissue covers as well.

She is a crochet fan and is so happy that I picked up crochet as fast as I did.

She crocheted a little bit when I was younger, but really doesn't remember much. I think she enjoys the finished product too much to think about re-learning. :hook

Gorgeous!!

I found that if I crochet into the BLO of the first 8 rnds then I don't have to do those sl sts and it's much easier crocheting into the front loops. Also, I start my sc spiral on the outside and work my petal spiral from the inside out, goes much faster that way, at least to me it does.

:frog

Gorgeous!!

I found that if I crochet into the BLO of the first 8 rnds then I don't have to do those sl sts and it's much easier crocheting into the front loops. Also, I start my sc spiral on the outside and work my petal spiral from the inside out, goes much faster that way, at least to me it does.

That makes sense. I was thinking that after I realized I had to sl st into the pouf. Oh well. Next time. ;) Thanks for the reminder, though, as I probably would have forgotten next time I make it. :hook

Very nice! I saw this pattern posted here a few days ago, and I picked up the yarn. I haven't been able to crochet it yet though. I'm reading all the advice from everyone carefully! :D

Very lovely. I've made several, and I've found them fun to make. I found it easier to make the petals before crocheting the back of the puff. I have a nicer surface to work with, and it's much easier to weave in the ends.

That makes sense. I was thinking that after I realized I had to sl st into the pouf. Oh well. Next time. ;) Thanks for the reminder, though, as I probably would have forgotten next time I make it. :hook

I had already made the fleuri bag and that's how they get the rose on it and I did my poufs like that and saw no difference in the way I did it and the way the directions said to do it so I've been doing all mine like that.

I love it so much! My mother wouldn't touch one with a ten foot stick, but I might make one for me. These would be great for home-made gift baskets with other bath goodies.

Thanks. I love this pattern! It's so great to whip up as a quick gift for someone. I'm going to a birthday party for a friend in about a week and a half and can't really justify ANOTHER WIP when I have so many more to do. But the pouf is so quick, it doesn't really count. :hook Like my reasoning? That and a quick trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond for some yummy bath gel, and it's a great gift. :yay

I love it so much! My mother wouldn't touch one with a ten foot stick, but I might make one for me. These would be great for home-made gift baskets with other bath goodies.

Like this one I just put together today for my Secret Pal at church? It's a late Mother's Day gift for her since I didn't have any money to get the bath goodies till today so she'll get it at church tonight if I can sneak it in ;)

The purple bar behind all that stuff is a big chocolate bar :drool

spgift8uz.th.jpg

Archived