Stripy ear flappy hat

RosiePosie

I was talking to a friend who i owed a favor and who knows that I knit. When I asked what I could do to pay him back, he asked me to knit him a hat. I didn't have any suitable wool, needles, or patterns. So, I decided to crochet one instead.

I had an old store bought jumper that I loved the colour of and its irregular stripes, but it was completely unflattering and ill fitting and I hadn't worn it for years, so I took it to pieces. The wool was too splitty to knit with easily, but I find that doesn't affect crocheting so it was ideal!

I'm usually found knitting, and this was a completely made up pattern, but it fits my head so hopefully it will fit his!

Picture here. I'd love to know how you think I did :)

(First post, so excuse me if I get the picture posting completely wrong!)

Very cool hat! I agree, the colors are fab and the stripes pretty cool. Glad you were able to recycle it into something more than useable. I'm sure your friend will love it. (If not, you can always sent it this way! :D)

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to get an opinion, especially from people who know what they're looking at (non crocheters can only go uh..it's a hat?)

:manyheart

Archived