Herrschners Yearly Grand National Afghan Contest

Ankh

• 3 weeks later...

i had thought about trying it but even if you do not win a catergory and get honorable mentions herrschners own the copyright and distribution rights to your pattern. i know it would be cool to get an honorable mention but you lose all rights to your design. just never sat well with me so i have never done it. but i do love seeing the ones that make it! so make creative ideas!

nadine

i had thought about trying it but even if you do not win a catergory and get honorable mentions herrschners own the copyright and distribution rights to your pattern. i know it would be cool to get an honorable mention but you lose all rights to your design. just never sat well with me so i have never done it. but i do love seeing the ones that make it! so make creative ideas!

nadine

I couldn't agree with you more! Designers keep the publishers in business but are never really given their true worth. A pattern that is bought or "commandeered" can be put in numerous collections. I've seen the same afghan patterns in all different books, Favorites or Best Loved. To me that is just double dipping. It's unfair. Basically publishers treat designs as "work for hire".

I still sell my designs because I like to get them out there but it's a heart-breaker.

Archived