Needing some Ideas

I am trying to think of some projects that I want to do for my family for Christmas this year. I know that it is months away but I am in college and don't always have a lot of time just to sit and crochet.

I know for my husband :hug that I am going to make him two things a sweater (probally knitted unless I find a pattern I like crochet) and a pair of socks.

but I don't have any ideas for many of my other family members. If someone can think of some fun projects that they have done please tell me!!!

Thanks

Kat

I made everyone in my extended family hats last Christmas - crocheted beret, winter hats with pompons, and a Fair Isle hat. I also made a tea cozy and a tote bag (from the Lily site) for a friend. The tote bag was nice because it was something different, but it only took just over 2 balls of variegated cotton; you could probably make it with 2 if it was solid. (Being in college as well, I get pretty excited when I can make a cool gift for $3) Scarves are good, too.

:c9...afghans and shawls are my favorite to give they are always used and appreciated here are some ideas for them (the shawl can be done in a lunch hour..and it comes out great!) Best wishes to you.

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/april00_crochetproj.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/skipstone.htm

Here are some other cheap and quick gift ideas: hair scrunchies (if thread doesn't scare you; I loved making these); headbands for winter (crochetme has a free pattern), which you can match with a scarf; some people love cotton dishcloths/facecloths with lovely soap; yup, tea cozies are always welcome in my neck of the woods. I made the Lily string bag for a friend for the beach, threw a couple of paperbacks in it with some little SPF-rich lip gloss, etc., and it was good to go. These are good for the environmentally conscious among your family and friends.

How inspiring to see you getting ahead already! But I haven't even taken my decorations down yet, so I don't think I can bring myself to start Christmas gifts yet. Patty

This year I'm making tote bags for al the girls in the family in the color of their birthstone-purple for Feb, etc unless I know they would really prefer a certain color. I'm doing these for birthdays, but they would work for Christmas, too.

I like to make dishcloths, scrubbies,toques and scarves as well.

every woman in my family got a few dishcloths from me this year. they are super quick.

i made dishcloths for my sister's bridal shower, for the favors. everyone got one. i know they use them because i see them in their sinks when i visit family. so i knew giving them more for xmas would go over well.

tangled-up, thanks! everyone loved their favors. usually shower favors are dumb and a waste of money. so i wanted to do something that everyone would appreciate and mostly...USE!! i made, i think, 37 total.

and i made 2 plain light blue ones. whoever got those favors....got a prize out of the prize box. i randomly put them on opposite sides of the room.

here is the link to my original posting:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59015&highlight=shower

Archived