Bunny Slippers

lacy lucy

This is my take on the S n B pattern. I had to rip a couple of rows coz there are errors in the pattern that have not been covered in the published errata.

As usual I had to substitute with whatever yarn was available , but made sure the guage was right.

I'm not entirely happy with the result ( so what's new :D ) but here goes ...

tmpphpHZBOZH.jpg

I adore these slippers. You have done such a great job with them. I have been too scared to have a go yet but I think I just might now. I was worried that not using the 'right' wool would make them look strange but they look fab.

xxxSharon

Your bunny slippers are cuuuute!! From the pic, they look great!! I like the color too!! Great job!! (I too have been wanting to make the bunny slippers, but don't have the yarn that it calls for--never thought of substituting-duh)!!:)

Those are sweet! I have been wanting to make a pair and havent gotten around to it... now that I see them again they are going to the top of the list! Thanks for sharing!

LOVE THEM! How adorable! What kind of yarn did you use? I know that there are corrections posted here somewhere about them. I think someone made them back in the summer and posted a corrections to the pattern.

i used two strands of yarn - worsted weight ( is my guess - the label only says cotton knitting yarn ! ) for the ears i used a single strand of a chunky (again my guess coz the sleeves don't help any ! )variegated acrylic blend yarn .

imho , if the guage is right, you shouldnt have too many problems - that from a lifetime of substituting yarns and keeping fingers crossed that the end result wont be too bad :D

Thanks everyone .

I really loved these slippers but kept putting the project on the back burner coz i didnt have the right yarn. but now that its so cold i thought id give it a shot with the yarn in my stash .

so for those on the fence id say jump right in and give it a try - the pattern is easy . tho the errors maybe frustrating , the glitches can be fixed quite easily with some plain ole common sense ( pay attention to the total number of stitches at the end of each row)

lucy :)

Archived