A comfortghan And volunteers needed

123mama

I need 7 inch squares to make this family comfortghan's.

The main one is for the little girl. I would like hers to have pink, light blues, green , light purple and yellows. Trimmed in white

Her brother is 3 and his can be different shades of blues and greens red. And trimmed in a dark green.

The mothers can be a mixture. All the help I can get will sure be nice.

How about a 2 week time frame or close to that.

(My first post for this )

If you want to have help from you girls and Dude to make an afghan for someone can I just ask for help?

The young waitress where we go has a 3 year old little boy and a 5 year old little girl. The girl is smaller than the little boy because she is so sick. I don't know all of what is wrong but some of it is she doesn't have her large intestines. Her mother has to hook her up to a feeding tube every night.

She was in the hospital for a week about three weeks ago and is in a lot of pain right now. She is a beautiful little girl.

The mother had cancer about 3 years ago and was very bad. The hubby was't very nice to her and now they are divorced so I am sure she would love it if we could.The mother comes over and tells me when ever I see her.

Well, you need to decide on what type you want like a regular comfort 'ghan does a certain number of squares and mail them to you or whoever is going to join them ... colors.. size of squares. I have participated in a couple but have never organized one totally alone. Generally it's a group eamiling ideas back and forth until everyone decides and agrees. I'm sure others here will have better input.

I could join them and I think for a little girl 7 inch blocks would be nice. In pretty pastel colors.

I will see what you all think.

Her mom is worrying herself to the point of being sick herself.

Kari is right, you have to put together an email list of those who want to help and tell them the size of squares, what colors, make sure they use washables, also think about having them edge them themselves in a specific color to make it easier for you to join them. Have everyone make a few squares (tell them how many) and then they'll send em to you. It's then in your court to join them and give it to the family. Its' very rewarding :)

I'll make a few 7" squares. Just tell me colors(pastels?) and all other important info. Just PM me your address and I'll get started as soon as this fish is done for Brendan. Do you want squares for just the little girl? What about the little boy and the mother?

It would be nice to make them one but could I get enough squares for that. As you can tell this is all new to me.

I would like the little girls edged in white. And then pink, blue ,mint green and yellow, and a light purple squares.

The other ones could be any color

But why go to Heartmade Blessings when we could all chip in a couple of squares to help this family? I'm game for at least 4 squares. Came on gals (and Drew)....let's help!!

I'm definetly game for this....because it's an issue very near and dear to my heart. My best friend had her large intestine removed because it did not work correctly. She has had several complicated surgeries to redo her small intestine to function as both. Her 4 year old daughter is suspected to have the same problem. My friend just got out of the hospital last week from yet another surgery. My heart goes out to the entire family. PM and let me know what you need, where to send, etc.

Archived