Help with a thread crochet pattern please

Yarnmistress

Question

I found a book at the library that has some beautiful thread crochet patterns in it, but it doesn't give a recommendation for hook size or yarn size. Am I to assume it doesn't really matter the yarn size or hook size?

I just bought some steel hooks back in April and 0-10 and I assume that is what I need to do thread work, right?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Sometimes at the beginning of the book it will say that everything was done with a certain size of thread and a certain size steel hook...

In any case, most people use steel hooks of size 5,6,7 for #10 thread. I use a 1.5mm steel hook with #10 thread most of the time.

No idea if that was helpful or not. Just play with it. :)

Most of the thread I've bought has a hook suggestion on the package. I think it'd be safe to use the suggested hook along with whatever thread size you're comfortable working with.

Thanks for the replies. I sat around working on one pattern for about an hour and then gave up out of frustration. I just didn't really understand the pattern at all. It was some kind of Jacob's Ladder type of thing..... I settled on my size 0 hook and some beautiful blue thread I was given by my secret pal.

I'll try again later.

Archived