Mickey Mouse blanket

PinkStitches

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it took so long to reply, I had to dig the book out again!

Wow!! That is an awesome looking blanket!! What a fantastic job you did on it!! Kudo's to you!!:cheerI've been wanting to make these blankets for my grandkids(Dora the Explorer, Spiderman, "The Princesses", Care Bears), but as usual, I'm afraid to take that first step!!! Also, am wondering what the back looks like when you do cross stitch it.....:think

I wish I would of taken a photo of the back of it, but I didn't even think to do that. It looks a little weird but you can still tell it is Mickey.

I LOVE it and so would my family, they would all be fighting over it if I only made one:) Could you let me know the pattern # of the booklet that you used?? I've got to get that one.

It's the Leisure Arts Mickey Collection #3317.

I have a little tip on graph afghans, I learned it the hard way. Make a color copy of your graph and then cross out each row as you finish it, this will tell you where you are on the graph. It helps. I don't know how many time I did rows over, because I didn't want to mess up the pattern. :hook

That is what I did so I knew where I was exactly. That poor graph copy was so written on by the end LOL.

:lol I love Mickey too! Wanna make me one too? I doesn't hurt to ask!! :shrug:blush

Hahaha I could see if my SIL wants to share. ;)

Fabulous job!! I haven't done cross-stitching on a crochet blanket before either as I've been way nervous about not figuring out my place, etc. & screwing it up - then have to rip out the cross sts. & start over! Seeing this gives me hope & strength - so one of these days I'm a gonna try!

I forgot to ask - is it difficult or awkward holding onto such a large item when doing the cross sts.??? Do you bunch up the rest of the ghan while working on a section or what?? I've done counted cross stitching on Aida cloth w/a hoop/frame & without, but never on anything as big as a ghan!

I forgot to ask - is it difficult or awkward holding onto such a large item when doing the cross sts.??? Do you bunch up the rest of the ghan while working on a section or what?? I've done counted cross stitching on Aida cloth w/a hoop/frame & without, but never on anything as big as a ghan!

I actually had a card table, and I'd lay it on the table and work a section at a time (like one color at a time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived