Mickey Mouse blanket

PinkStitches

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! That is an awesome looking blanket!! What a fantastic job you did on it!! Kudo's to you!!:cheerI've been wanting to make these blankets for my grandkids(Dora the Explorer, Spiderman, "The Princesses", Care Bears), but as usual, I'm afraid to take that first step!!! Also, am wondering what the back looks like when you do cross stitch it.....:think

Just love it....it really turned out beautiful. I know the feeling about counting and all. When I did my first graph ghan I had a yellow pad next to me with a pencil (needed eraser quite a bit). I would count out from graph about five or six rows ... go and crochet the rows and go back and count again

Wow!!!!! That is a really great idea. I'm not that creative like that. Especially when it comes to colors. I don't think I have the eye for that. That's why I just love this group. There are some good ideas in this group that I would've never thought of.

Carol:hook

I was talking to the lady who gave me the Leisure Arts booklet containing this pattern, and she said that if I have more time I should make two of those blankets and join them to make a bigger blanket. IE Mickey and Minnie, and just change her dress color to match Mickey.

I LOVE it and so would my family, they would all be fighting over it if I only made one:) Could you let me know the pattern # of the booklet that you used?? I've got to get that one.

I have a little tip on graph afghans, I learned it the hard way. Make a color copy of your graph and then cross out each row as you finish it, this will tell you where you are on the graph. It helps. I don't know how many time I did rows over, because I didn't want to mess up the pattern. :hook

Nice job, great for the mickey mouse fan. I have book of disney pattern's for plastic canvas, never thought about converting to crochet, hmmm something to consider for the future.

Beautiful afghan! you did a great job!

I have a little tip on graph afghans, I learned it the hard way. Make a color copy of your graph and then cross out each row as you finish it, this will tell you where you are on the graph. It helps. I don't know how many time I did rows over, because I didn't want to mess up the pattern. :hook

What I did on a filet piece was copy the pattern (for myself) and highlight the rows as I did them.

Debbi

Archived