Carol J.

Newbie from Michigan

Hi , my name is Carol and I love to crochet. :crocheting I have donated items mostly afghans and lapgans to our local Alzheimer's group and to the area nurseing homes for the Alzheimer's unit. This year at Christmas a friend wanted a personalized afghan for his wife and I did cross stitch on an afghan for the first time. It was a bit of a challenge at first but once I had everything set in my head how I wanted the project to look , it was pretty easy . So if anyone is working on a challenging project my advice is not give up just hang in there and it will work out if you are truly commited to it.

Now I am working on 5 afghans for a friend to give as 2008 graduation gifts. They are all the same 2 colors which gets pretty boring. I am working them in a afghan stitch little squares made in a one piece pattern. It was given to me by my husband's cousin , and it had been given to her by someone else. I don't know if it was ever in any book or magazine and it is unwritten . It is one of those patterns that you have to have someone show you how to do . When finished it looks like I have made hundreds of tiny squares and sewed them together. If anyone has seen this pattern in a book or magazine I would be interested in knowing.

I live in Michigan and the winters are usually pretty cold. This year it has been very different. We have a few weeks of freezing cold snowy weather then it will warm up , rain and melt the snow only for the same to happen all over again. We live on a private lake and it has frozen completely , there were ice shanties on the lake and people walking around, and now it is all open water again..

Crochetville is a very nice forum and I am so lucky to have found it.

Carol J.

Welcome :cheer You will love it here!

Cindy from Southern Califoria :crocheting

Howdy from Oklahoma Carol

Welcome to Crochetville

Hi Carol! Yes, we sure have the crazy weather, don't we. I am just outside of detroit.

Welcome and I know you will truly enjoy yourself here :):hook:hook:hook:cheer

Welcome from the Ann Arbor area of Michigan. Our winters are kind of crazy, aren't they? You can get all seasons in one week, lol.

Welcome to Crochetville. You are going to love it here!

:flower:welcome:hi:dance:hug

Hi Carol, my husband lives in Utica. It is his first winter down there. What part of Michigan do you live in? I love going down there, the shopping is phenomenal!! Welcome to crochetville.

Hi and welcome, Carol:crocheting

:welcome from north Florida!

hello carol and welcome from NY.

Welcome from End of the Road farm located in the:cat backwoods of NC!

Hello and welcome from another Michigander I'm in the thumb and this winter has been in a stop and start form here as well

:welcome to the ville! What part of Michigan are you from? We just moved here this summer.

Welcome. Your weather sounds just as crazy as the weather that we are having in Maryland. The afghan that you described sounds like fun! Have a nice day.