Lots of Winter Sets

Dare2BDifferent

Hey everybody. Just wanted to share pictures of the scarves, hats and mittens I've made for relatives since Christmas. As usual, all images are clickable.

This set was made for my youngest step-daughter. The hat and mittens are from a pattern on the Coats and Clark website. The scarf is a simple DC scarf that I edged in SC and added a ruffle on each end. The ruffle pattern is found in the book "Crochet on the Edge".

th_SamanthasSet.jpg

Here is a closeup of the ruffle.

th_SamanthasScarfDetail.jpg

This is a set I made for my mother. The hat is a pattern called Ice Cream Social that I found in a Leisure Arts book titled "Crochet Hip Hats". I designed the scarf to have the same picot bobble that the hat had.

th_MomsSet.jpg

th_MomsScarf.jpg

th_MomsHat.jpg

Originally I had made this for my mother, but she wanted a scarf that was more substantial. So, she gave it back to me and I've got to figure out what to do with it. lol It is the Medallion Motif Scarf found for free on the Lion Brand website. I used a smaller hook and made more motifs to get it to look this way.

th_MedalionMotifScarf.jpg

This set I made for my oldest (13) step-daughter. It is the Out and About set found on the Coats and Clark website.

th_LaurensSet.jpg

I made this "manly" set for my one and only step-son. He's 9 and all about being an Army soldier like his father was when he grows up.

th_JimmysSet.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you all for the compliments! Yes, I have been busy. I meant to get all of these finished by New Years! Yeah, I'm an overachiever. :lol I got sick with a nasty cold or flu or something right at Christmas, and I was passed out for most of a week. So that deadline just wasn't going to happen.

The hat I made for my mother is quite awesome in person. I loved it so much while I was making it that I am going to make another one for me. Maybe sans bobbles and use ribbon for a hat band or something. It is styled a lot like a fedora. The flat pic kinda makes it look like a bucket hat, but it's not.

I've been making lots of hats and scarves also, so I appreciate the new patterns to try. I really like the hat you made your mom and the Out and About set. I can't tell how big the motifs are on the medallion scarf, but it looks like it would be easy to add to the ends to make a cute belt to go with jeans.

Every thing you made looks great! Looks like they came from a boutique!

Thank you so much for that incredibly flattering compliment! I could give you a big hug for that! :hug

I've been making lots of hats and scarves also, so I appreciate the new patterns to try. I really like the hat you made your mom and the Out and About set. I can't tell how big the motifs are on the medallion scarf, but it looks like it would be easy to add to the ends to make a cute belt to go with jeans.

The motifs are about 5 inches in diameter... so they are too big for a belt. I used Caron Simply Soft for it. If you used a smaller weight yarn and a much smaller hook (I think I used an H hook) you could easily make a belt out of them. I'm thinking fingering or sport weight with a C or D hook maybe?

Archived