Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

Thought I'd give you all an update.....

I received a call from the crisis center yesterday. It seems that "business is booming" all of a sudden this month. That is not good news. Most of the scarves that I brought in at the beginning of the month are gone. Some of that was due to members of the S.A.A.B. meeting being allowed to take them back to their respective centers, but it doesnt' account for all 64 for that I brought in :(. They are hoping to get by for the remainder of the month with what is left. The good news is that I do have a good supply here from some very generous people! (Thank you!) Let's hope business slows done and supply continues to grow! Thank you all again for each and every scarf that you send! :hug

Wow, Ann! That isn't good news. :( I only have about 8 rows left to do on my afghan in the "games" so I'll get to work on some scarves, too. :yes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello my dear friends, I know that it has been quite a while since we have chatted.  I'm sure some of you are wondering if this project is still active.  The answer is a great big YES! Lol!  I want t

Yes, they are talking of more snow,bleh.  I guess winter is going to go out like a lion, lol.  I've never cared much for the heat when I've visited FL, but I wouldnt mind some of it right about now. 

Thank you so much.  I'll keep a look out.  You wouldn't believe it.  Now I'm battling kidney stones! It never stops!    Whatcha gonna do though, I just pick up my hooks and try to ignore the pain,   

Posted Images

I've got some scarves ready to box up; some still need to be washed though. I'd also like to get my kids to take pics so I can post them on ravelry. I'm running out of room in my Projects Completed Tub...I'm also making ManScarves and hats for a local homeless ministry, as well as littler hats for infants and children's needs...and 7x9 blocks for wounded soldiers...and an afghan for my dd...and now I've been commissioned to make a shawl for my eldest dd's wedding in December '09...thank goodness it's not THIS December!

Thought I'd give you all an update.....

I received a call from the crisis center yesterday. It seems that "business is booming" all of a sudden this month. That is not good news. Most of the scarves that I brought in at the beginning of the month are gone. Some of that was due to members of the S.A.A.B. meeting being allowed to take them back to their respective centers, but it doesnt' account for all 64 for that I brought in :(. They are hoping to get by for the remainder of the month with what is left. The good news is that I do have a good supply here from some very generous people! (Thank you!) Let's hope business slows done and supply continues to grow! Thank you all again for each and every scarf that you send! :hug

one day maybe no business at all!! would that not be a blessing? :(

as soon as the games are over i will get you a couple made and get back to trying to get you a few each month:manyheart

Thank you everyone! I know this is a busy time! I really appreciate the help. :hug Like I said earlier, I do have a good supply here, so it isn't urgent, but if I use these, then it will put Sept's supply behind. You know how it can snowball from there. :hug

Kelly, thank you for your offer to help! I accept scarves year round!

Patty, :hug

Sissie, that would be a blessing! Thank you! :hug

mamabear10, my your busy, lol! Thank you for your help! :hug

Cherri, :hug Thank you!

Hi Ann,

I'm really sorry to hear business is booming. As soon as I finish with the games I will get started also. I've been collecting some scarf patterns lately and I already have the yarn so I'll be set to go.

Hi Ann,

I'm really sorry to hear business is booming. As soon as I finish with the games I will get started also. I've been collecting some scarf patterns lately and I already have the yarn so I'll be set to go.

Thank you, Pat! :hug

Are you still accepting donations?

Yes, Pat answered you correctly. This is a year round project, so I am always accepting scarves. Sending you a PM. :hug

Thanks for the help Pat! These darn thunderstorms kept me off the computer last night...of course I did get more :crocheting done!

I mailed some scarves on Fri. the 15th. My delivery receipt says they were left in Springfield, MA on the 19th. You should receive them in the next day or 2.

Thank you, Patty! I'll let you know as soon as they arrive! :hug

I just have to share. :devil

My hubby told me to order some stuff for my birthday so I put in an order at Smileys for some yarn. Well, it came today and the box was sooooo big, I could barely get it in the house! :eek I didn't realize I got so much. :lol So much for working down my stash! :lol

Oh, and most of it is for scarves. :yes:clap:clap:)

I just have to share. :devil

My hubby told me to order some stuff for my birthday so I put in an order at Smileys for some yarn. Well, it came today and the box was sooooo big, I could barely get it in the house! :eek I didn't realize I got so much. :lol So much for working down my stash! :lol

Oh, and most of it is for scarves. :yes:clap:clap:)

:cheerYeah for birthday yarn! LOL! Thank you hubby! :D You didn't really want to work down your stash now did you, lol! :lol

I mailed some scarves on Fri. the 15th. My delivery receipt says they were left in Springfield, MA on the 19th. You should receive them in the next day or 2.

Sent you an e-mail, but wanted to make sure that you knew that your wonderful scarves arrived yesterday! Thank you so much! :hug

Hi Ann,

I'll be sending 7 scarves to you either tomorrow or Monday. I had planned on doing a couple more this month but now I have a boo boo :(. My stupid hand has arthritis so bad that I have to rest it for a few days. :bang You know, I'm on a very tight schedule and this is going to put me way behind in my crocheting. :yell:lol

Oh, I almost forgot, the pics are on my blog. :hug

Hi Ann,

I'll be sending 7 scarves to you either tomorrow or Monday. I had planned on doing a couple more this month but now I have a boo boo :(. My stupid hand has arthritis so bad that I have to rest it for a few days. :bang You know, I'm on a very tight schedule and this is going to put me way behind in my crocheting. :yell:lol

Oh, I almost forgot, the pics are on my blog. :hug

I just checked out the scarves on your blog and they're beautiful as always! Thank you so much!!! I'm so sorry that you have a boo boo!!! Hope you didn't get it making scarves :eek. And to think, you just got all that lovely yarn! At least you can look at it and :c9 while your recouperating :lol. Try to enjoy the time off, you deserve it! :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Sept 2nd Everyone, lol! Hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend! My kids and grandkids visited on Sunday, so that made my weekend! :cheer Sure wore me out though, lol!:lol

Well, I delivered A LOT of very beautiful scarves to the crisis center this morning! Great big :hug to all of you for making this another successful month! I also got to meet the executive director of the center this morning! She is very nice! She had very positive things to say about Compassionate Creations :cheerand said that my name is being spread all throughout the state of MA! :eek LOL, I thought it was funny the other day when I walked into the PO and the clerk said, "hey, your the scarf lady! You get stuff from all over the place. My boss has been telling me all about you." I had a good chuckle over that one! Of course, I live in a very small town!

Enough rambling, lol...............Here are the pics and the totals for the month. Please keep on sending them! :hug

September...............125 scarves and 30 wristbands!

th_compassionatecreationsseptscarve-4.jpg slideshow

Thank you all so very, very much!!!! :hug:hug:hug

Happy Sept 2nd Everyone, lol! Hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend! My kids and grandkids visited on Sunday, so that made my weekend! :cheer Sure wore me out though, lol!:lol

Well, I delivered A LOT of very beautiful scarves to the crisis center this morning! Great big :hug to all of you for making this another successful month! I also got to meet the executive director of the center this morning! She is very nice! She had very positive things to say about Compassionate Creations :cheerand said that my name is being spread all throughout the state of MA! :eek LOL, I thought it was funny the other day when I walked into the PO and the clerk said, "hey, your the scarf lady! You get stuff from all over the place. My boss has been telling me all about you." I had a good chuckle over that one! Of course, I live in a very small town!

Enough rambling, lol...............Here are the pics and the totals for the month. Please keep on sending them! :hug

September...............125 scarves and 30 wristbands!

th_compassionatecreationsseptscarve-4.jpg slideshow

Thank you all so very, very much!!!! :hug:hug:hug

Holy cow!! :eek That sure is a lot of scarves! :clap:clap:clap:clap They're all beautiful. :yes I just finished #3 for September so far. I figure if I make one every 3 days, I'll be able to send 10 a month. That's my goal, anyway. Would you believe I actually made a crochet schedule this morning so I can try to finish all the things I've obligated myself to do? :juggle Now how anal is that!!!! :lol:lol:rofl I'm in serious need of psychiatric help. :yes

I just finished #3 for September so far. I figure if I make one every 3 days, I'll be able to send 10 a month. That's my goal, anyway. Would you believe I actually made a crochet schedule this morning so I can try to finish all the things I've obligated myself to do? :juggle Now how anal is that!!!! :lol:lol:rofl I'm in serious need of psychiatric help. :yes

:lol Maybe we could get a group discount at the psych office, because I was thinking it sounded like a great idea! :rofl I made the 30th wristband on the way into the crisis center this morning! :eek

As I write, I'm looking at 5 completed scarves n the sofa beside me for Ann, one half-finished one on the back of a chair - also for Ann. On the back of another chair is one that just needs one more row ... yarn ran out, isn't that just typical... for a friend. And one I've just started for the Winter Scarf Swap. So, yes, sign me up and we'll take a trip to the psych ward together. :drool

As I write, I'm looking at 5 completed scarves n the sofa beside me for Ann, one half-finished one on the back of a chair - also for Ann. On the back of another chair is one that just needs one more row ... yarn ran out, isn't that just typical... for a friend. And one I've just started for the Winter Scarf Swap. So, yes, sign me up and we'll take a trip to the psych ward together. :drool

:rofl:rofl But we'll all be happy together :crocheting:lol!

I am sending one to Sissie for you through the yahoo group... I am going to send the one I am testing for SmoothFox since I cannot find the delft blue right now. It is a nice scarf if I do say so myself. :D I also got one on a small loom in ILTY fall varigated. I hope that works up before October.