Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pat, I used the pattern for the 6>12>24 RR CAL for the star! The pattern is on the first post of the CAL I believe. I've been working on my ghan for so long now I just couldn't get away from it, lol! Plus, I wanted to try to figure out if it would ruffle or not without the points added. I did have some problems, so I alternated my stitches in the points every row after the 3rd rnd to 2dc,ch2,2dc then the next row I would do 1dc, ch2, 1dc then back to the 2dc, then the next row 3dc. Hope that makes sense! But it seemed to work!

I was afraid you were going to say that :lol. Mine 6 - 24 pucker and is sitting in the corner. I'll give your suggestions a try if we are going to make lap squares.

Ann

What are the little tags in each bag?

Hi Tracyleigh! Each scarf/item has a little card attached that says "A gift from someone who understands the pain you are facing, and who wants you to know you are not alone. Each stitch was created for you as a sign of comfort and support." I received you beautiful scarves yesterday, btw! Thank you! :hug

What is a lapsquare??? Is it the same as a lapghan???

Yes, a lapsquare is similar to a lapghan, just smaller! 18-25" or so seems to be about a good size. I wouldn't go much smaller, but a little bigger would be ok if you wanted to. Any pattern, also. I was just playing with a couple of things, lol!

I was afraid you were going to say that :lol. Mine 6 - 24 pucker and is sitting in the corner. I'll give your suggestions a try if we are going to make lap squares.

LOL! I only have about 10 more rows to do on mine to finish it, but I keep putting it off because I'm so frustrated with it! I was hoping by trying a smaller version it would give me more incentive to get it done! :no

I hope that I haven't confused anyone here. Scarves are wonderful and welcome all year long! That's what this whole project was founded on! But, it is a "young" project, since I just started it this year and I am open to all suggestions. That's why I am opening it up to other items with the blessings of the crisis center. Espescially at this time of the year, it might be good to try something else. So, if you are inclined to make a lapsquare or have an idea for something else just let me know! I also don't mind any constructive critisism either (especially since I can't seem to remember how to spell it this morning, lol!)

THANK YOU again, my wonderful friends! :hug

I did complete one scraf but it's a winter type. I tried peaches & cream but that came out very heavy so I didn't continue. Maybe baby weight yarn for the summer?????

I did complete one scraf but it's a winter type. I tried peaches & cream but that came out very heavy so I didn't continue. Maybe baby weight yarn for the summer?????

The scarves I've been doing are mostly winter type right now too. I've tried using peaches and cream and wasn't happy with the results, but tracyleigh has been sending me some absolutely gorgeous scarves that I believe are made with it! Maybe she'll give us some pointers! Where are you Tracyleigh??? We need you, lol!

As for the baby weight yarn, now that's a thought! I have a bunch of that too, so I just might give it a try. Let us know if you do and have any success with it.

Anyone else have any ideas????? :think

i have some great little skeins of baby homespun, it is too warm for summer but is super snuggly, I would love to hook some scarves to sent you, what a great idea! Seeing rape victims in the ER when I was a nurse there really made me respect the pain the were suffering, and then everything that we had to do to prosecute the dirtbag who did such a deed to them was a double-whammy for these poor women...:angry So many times I just wished that I could send them home with a hug, and now you have found a way to!!! :hug

kudos!!

please pm me your addy so I can mail or meet you. I live in NE CT.

:manyheartkat

i have some great little skeins of baby homespun, it is too warm for summer but is super snuggly, I would love to hook some scarves to sent you, what a great idea! Seeing rape victims in the ER when I was a nurse there really made me respect the pain the were suffering, and then everything that we had to do to prosecute the dirtbag who did such a deed to them was a double-whammy for these poor women...:angry So many times I just wished that I could send them home with a hug, and now you have found a way to!!! :hug

kudos!!

please pm me your addy so I can mail or meet you. I live in NE CT.

:manyheartkat

Thank you so much! You've got the idea. I was just talking with my DH this morning about the scarves and how they are more like a teddy bear. They aren't meant to warm the outside, they are to warm the heart. To let the survivor know that someone cares. That is why warm and snuggly is good no matter what time of year. Hope I'm saying this right for all to understand. It's been a rough morning.....PM is on the way! Thanks again, Kat! :hug

I have some baby yarn also, so I'll give that a try. Hopefully Traceyleigh will get back to us with how she did hers with the peaches & cream.

I definitely understand the need for warmth of the heart and not warmth for the outside, you said that just fine.

Oh oh here I am...LOL

I don't know how I did it...I just did.

Most of my scarves are just the regular dc in the base chain, 5 dc at the end and then dc along the bottom of the base chain and 3 dc in the last bottom of the base chain...make a total of 5 dc in that stitch (the first 3 ch count as the first dc). Then I alternate 5 dc, skip 2 dc, sc, etc around. That's all there is to it!

Traceyleigh forgive me, but I haven't got a clue to what you just said. :think I can be a little dense at times. :lol

Grannyannie was saying how nice yours came out and she thought you did them with peaches and cream. Her and I both tried it since we were trying to go for a more summery scarf and she didn't like hers and mine came out way too heavy and I didn't like mine either. We are looking to you for HELP:yes. Thanks Traceyleigh.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Well, I finally got around to trying peaches & cream again, lol! Pat, I think I got it this time! :cheer I basically followed the pattern for the one-skein scarf by Denise Cozzitorto in SnB, but shortened it up to 155 stitches and only did 2 rows, then put the border on. It went very fast and it's easy! My DIL loves it! It came out nice and soft. What do you think? Oh, btw, it's about 68" long and 3" wide

th_summerscarfforCC.jpgclickable

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Well, I finally got around to trying peaches & cream again, lol! Pat, I think I got it this time! :cheer I basically followed the pattern for the one-skein scarf by Denise Cozzitorto in SnB, but shortened it up to 155 stitches and only did 2 rows, then put the border on. It went very fast and it's easy! My DIL loves it! It came out nice and soft. What do you think? Oh, btw, it's about 68" long and 3" wide

th_summerscarfforCC.jpgclickable

Well it's very pretty and I'm glad it turned out well. I don't have SnB but I will look through my patterns this week and see if I can make it work.

Traceyleigh they are beautiful. Are these done with the peaches and cream? I haven't had a chance to try that again. I wanted to try that pattern you gave and see what happens.

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! If you have a chance, I'd like your opinion please. I made a quick and easy scarf and I'd like to know what you all think about it (honestly, I have tough skin, lol!) I made 1 with CSS and 1 with Peaches & Cream to see the difference. I like them both! Here they are...............

th_maycrochet004.jpgpeaches & cream

th_maycrochet003.jpgCaron SS

Wow! Those are both beautiful! I don't know why I hadn't ever thought of making them with cotton yarn... Great idea! Just out of curiosity, about how much yarn does it take of cotton to make a scarf? About the same as out of acrylic? Thanks!

Victoria

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! If you have a chance, I'd like your opinion please. I made a quick and easy scarf and I'd like to know what you all think about it (honestly, I have tough skin, lol!) I made 1 with CSS and 1 with Peaches & Cream to see the difference. I like them both! Here they are...............

th_maycrochet004.jpgpeaches & cream

th_maycrochet003.jpgCaron SS

Archived