Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bet they are!  I'm hoping we can pick things up again here and really get rolling like we were a couple years ago.  I let things slide too much this past year. Even if I'm sick I can still accept/work on scarves! :hook

• 1 month later...

I haven't forgotten you my friend, am battling a bad case of bronchitis...but I am still working on the scarves!  Hope you and DH are doing well..hope to get these out soon!!

Oh my goodness Adele, take care of yourself!  Bronchitis is so nasty.  I hope you have someone to watch over you and pamper you/bring you chicken soup and the like.  This ridiculous weather we've been having sure doesn't help the situation.

Hubby and I are taking it one day at a time.  That's about all we can handle right now.  I spent today in the ER getting a temp replacement feeding tube since mine fell out at 4am! Lol, not the way I wanted to spend my day.  Now I go for the real one on Mon.  Geez, I'm sick of hospitals.

Unfortunately I get this once a year every year, my genetics are my guide post for problems with my lungs.  I try, and that is all I can do, I make a mean chicken soup...lol, hubby is no good in the kitchen.  You take care of yourself and hubby, I will keep you in my prayers...stay strong this year could be the one for making all things right for you both.  Thank you for your kind words and thoughts, I will bounce them back to you. 

• 2 months later...

Hi all!  I don't know that I'll get a chance to get on here tomorrow (actually today,  I just saw the time, lol) since we're having my sons, their wives and the grandkids over for brunch!  Yippee!  I so look forward to seeing them!  But I wanted to wish you all a very Happy and Blessed Easter.  I hope you all have a very special day.  I know that we aren't as active here as we once were, but the scarves are still needed and are accepted, so as they trickle in  I'll try to start letting you know again.  I'm sorry that I have let that lapse.  Adele, I hope you are feeling better!

Happy Easter Everyone!!!  :rabbit 

Thank you everyone!  I was able to have a wonderful day with my family yesterday.  Mother Nature even cooperated so that we could have an egg hunt outdoors, lol.  That was a big hit with all of the little ones.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello my dear friends,

I know that it has been quite a while since we have chatted.  I'm sure some of you are wondering if this project is still active.  The answer is a great big YES! Lol!  I want to take this time to thank all of you that have continued to send in scarves, etc during this time when I may have been hard to reach.  Some of you know that life has played some jokes on me and my health has decided to give me a run for my money, but I'm giving it my all.  Unfortunately that leaves me pretty worn out and tired most days. However, there are days that I receive boxes full of beautiful scarves/wristbands/lapsquares and my day is brightened because I know that some other survivors will feel this love too when they receive them. Thank you so much for helping me  to keep this this going.  I know that I will keep on making and sending in my scarves until I can no longer hold a crochet hook or knitting needle., so if you ever wonder about the project, that's your answer, lol, Thank you all so very, very much! (((hugs)))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never mind, my page just refreshed and I found the answer to my question. :-)

So sorry that I am this late in answering your question!  I am glad that you found out though, Yes, I am still doing this and will continue doing it as long as I am able to.  Unfortunately, the need for comfort (as in-there continue to be more survivors every day) is great.  My dream is that one day we would not be needed because there would be no more abuse!  Wouldn't that be wonderful!  Anyway, sorry for the departure, lol.  I'd welcome any scarves coming my way.  It has slowed down a bit since I haven't been as vocal lately.  Thank you for asking.....

• 4 months later...

Popping in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  

To answer the question ...yes, this project is still active.  It is through wonderful folks like you that continue to send things in even when I've not been good at updating or being online.  You show that you care and know that I'm doing my best under the circumstances. Thank you...

Archived