Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are your seizures due to epilepsy? My BF has epilepsy and it is so hard to watch his seizures and stand by knowing there isnt anything you can do.

Please take of yourself and be careful going off your meds, when he does that everything breaks loose.

hugs,

robin

are your seizures due to epilepsy? My BF has epilepsy and it is so hard to watch his seizures and stand by knowing there isnt anything you can do.

Please take of yourself and be careful going off your meds, when he does that everything breaks loose.

hugs,

robin

Thank you for your concern. My seizures are non-epileptic and trust me, I don't go off my meds! Without them I was having over 30 seizures a week. I hope your BF is doing well with his meds and stays on them. :hug

I've received some very pretty scarves from some very generous 'villers this month! I've been trying to post pics all day, but apparently photobucket is having some trouble because nothing is reducing! I keep trying to get thumbnail pics and they are huge!!! Of course, it could be me, LOL! You know it took me long enough to figure out how to post pics, lol! I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll have better luck! Back to my :crocheting

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I have two scarfs done. One very kind lady is sending me yarn for scarfs and I will get them to you once I recieve the yarn and make some more. I have my own project going but have NOT forgotten this. This is a very important issue to me and obviously many others. You are doing such a wonderful loving thing and I am honored to be a part of it. I will more than likely send out some scarves on Monday or Tuesday with more to follow. Thank you for doing this.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I have two scarfs done. One very kind lady is sending me yarn for scarfs and I will get them to you once I recieve the yarn and make some more. I have my own project going but have NOT forgotten this. This is a very important issue to me and obviously many others. You are doing such a wonderful loving thing and I am honored to be a part of it. I will more than likely send out some scarves on Monday or Tuesday with more to follow. Thank you for doing this.

Thank you very much! I feel very honored to have such wonderful people helping me with this project. :hug

Hi there! Me again folks! Just wanted you all to know that I restocked the Crisis Center with scarves on Feb 29th. They were very grateful to get them as their supply was getting low. They told me that (unfortunately) they had a very busy month. The good news is that the survivors (new abuse victims) are very pleased with receiving the scarves! :cheer Once again, thank you so much for all the help and all the beautiful scarves that keep pouring in. :hug

I have a question...will you be collecting these through the summer to sort of get ahead of the winter...sorry I haven't sent any more out, I've been dealing with the flu..ugh! This has been one heck of a winter for me..but I hope spring will be here soon.

I have a question...will you be collecting these through the summer to sort of get ahead of the winter...sorry I haven't sent any more out, I've been dealing with the flu..ugh! This has been one heck of a winter for me..but I hope spring will be here soon.

Hi there! Hope you're feeling better :hug It sure has been a rough winter, but spring is almost here! :cheer

To answer your question.....Yes, I will be collecting scarves all thru the summer. This project actually goes year round. I know that the scarves won't actually be worn in the warmer months, but we will still be giving them to the survivors as a way of saying that someone is out there that cares. The scarves help (hopefully) in the healing process, so that can happen no matter what time of year, then the survivors have them come the cold weather which will be here all too soon again (in my opinion, lol).

:manyheart

So perhaps some of us should start making more summery type scarves for the summer months.

I have a couple scarves for you Grannyannie. I could drop them off wednesday evening at around 8pm if you will be home. PM me!

So perhaps some of us should start making more summery type scarves for the summer months.

I have a couple scarves for you Grannyannie. I could drop them off wednesday evening at around 8pm if you will be home. PM me!

Summery type scarves would be a wonderful idea! I've been thinking of that, but don't have any patterns. Maybe I should take another look at CPC. Any other ideas for patterns? I'll send you a PM about Wednesday night. :hug

So sorry I'm taking so long - just wanted you to know that they should

be ready this week some time and I'll holler at you when they go in the

mail. Been swamped and sick - not good companions!

Don't worry about it, I'm not going anywhere! Hope you're feeling better!:hug

Archived