Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you ladies! I see that more scarves are getting ready to be sent soon! :hug

I wasn't able to get to the crisis center today due to the weather, so I'm a bit disappointed, but have rescheduled to go in on Monday morning! :cheer Now, if this New England weather will only cooperate with me! Oh, well, that just gives me more time to get another scarf done! I did finally get my website up if any of you want to take a look. I'd be happy to hear any feedback too. BTW, the scarf that I'm using as a logo......it's the first one I've ever done without a pattern!:eek It's just very simple dc, but I sure was proud of myself. I might even have the confidence to try something more complicated next time, lol! Enjoy the weekend everyone! :hook

Hi Everyone!

Well, the weather co-operated today and I was able to get to the crisis center this morning to deliver the scarves! The counselors/victim advocates were very happy to receive them. They were amazed at the generousity from this wonderful group. I was able to drop off 17 scarves today. That should get them throught the month. They will contact me if they need more sooner. I pray that that does not happen....What a wonderful day it would be if they called to say that they didn't need any scarves because they hadn't had any new survivors to give them away to. :hug

Ann did I read somewhere that you would rather not have fridge on the scarves? are am I crazy :)

Hi Sissie, fringe is perfectly fine. It's totally up to you if you want to put it on or not. I'd say that about 1/2 of the scarves so far had fringe. My only request was that if people could try to use soft yarns so that the scarves do not feel rough to the skin. I have pre-washed some RHSS because I love the "monet" color and it comes out nice and soft. The most important thing is that these scarves are being made with with love and good wishes for the recipients.

:hug Ann

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I've been under the weather some lately, so not posting too much. I've gotten behind in my crocheting, but trying to catch up! I did get 1 3/4 scarves made this weekend. I'll finish up the 2nd one tonight. I received 2 packages in today's mail too, each containing 2 beautiful scarves! :) You folks are wonderful! :hug I'll try to post some pics in a day or two!

Hi Ann, hope you get to feeling better soon.

It is hard to kick these colds this year and in all this cold we are having!!

I have two more scarves ready to head your way on friday when I go into town

Hugs

Hi Ann, hope you get to feeling better soon.

It is hard to kick these colds this year and in all this cold we are having!!

I have two more scarves ready to head your way on friday when I go into town

Hugs

Thank you Sissie. I wish it was just a cold.....I have seizures and they've been increasing lately. My doctor changed two of my meds about a month ago and that always messes with me, so things will get better. It just takes time. I went off one of them the other day and things are already getting better! :cheer I'll be keeping my eyes open for those scarves next week! Thank you!!! :hug

I would like to help, I am a survivior and I also did a lot of volunteer work. If you could give me the info I can try to get at least one or two done. I won't be able to mail them for a couple weeks.

Hi, I finished one scarf. I will send it out as soon as I get some money which hopefully will be friday! If I ever get to afford more yarn I'll send another one. I think you are doing a wonderful thing here.

Hi, I finished one scarf. I will send it out as soon as I get some money which hopefully will be friday! If I ever get to afford more yarn I'll send another one. I think you are doing a wonderful thing here.

Thank you so much :hug

You're very welcome. Someone offered to send me yarn, which I think is the nicest thing ever, so I will be making more!

What a very nice thing for someone to do! And even sweeter for you to be making scarves with it!

:hug Ann

Archived