Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to thank you all again. I am planning to go to the crisis center next week for my first drop off of scarves! They are very excited to be getting them. I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet, as you can tell :think, but once I do, I'll get a few up so you can see what they look like. I'm also still working on my website and hope to have that up and running in the near future. My husband's heart problems have set things back a bit since I count on him for technical advice, lol! (can you tell I don't know much about computers, lol!)

Anyway, to all of you that have pledged a scarf, and all that continue to PM me and pledge, I thank you. You are angels in my eyes!

:hug Ann

I've got a lot on my plate this week, but I could probably bust out a few for you starting on Monday or Tuesday?

If that's OK, please PM me the info!

Oooh...wait....it's supposed to snow today or tomorrow. Perhaps I'll have a little more crochet time than I'm thinking! Woot! :lol

I've got a lot on my plate this week, but I could probably bust out a few for you starting on Monday or Tuesday?

If that's OK, please PM me the info!

Oooh...wait....it's supposed to snow today or tomorrow. Perhaps I'll have a little more crochet time than I'm thinking! Woot! :lol

This is an ongoing project, so anytime anyone wants to or can help out is great! I'll be taking the scarves to the crisis center once a month. I'm planning on it being at the end of month to resupply them, but it is flexible as I count on my husband to drive me around/weather in New England, etc.

I'm sending you a PM now with my info, so whenever you have scarf ready I'd be happy to receive it.

I want to thank everyone that has sent scarves so far. Several of you have even promised to send more in the future. I can tell you how much this means to me. The deeper I get into this project the more I realize how much I was meant to do it. The more women that I tell my story to, the more that come forward and reveal their story and start to heal. The scarves are already starting to fulfill their purpose. You may have noticed that I am not thanking individuals on this thread. I have been doing that by PM to keep things easier for myself. Some of you have decided to only PM me and not post on the thread. I felt that due to the delicate nature of the topic of the thread that it would be best to thank individuals by privately, that way I don't inadvertantly name anyone that doesn't want to be named. Hope I'm not rambling to much! I have been know to do that, lol! BTW, I have been working on my website. YES, I HAVE! I'm am just slow. By now you all now that since I still can't get a picture to post and several of you have given me directions. ARGH! Maybe I'll have my 8 yr old grandson come over and show me, lol!

Hugs Everyone! :hug

Not to detract from the project but make sure that the victims advocate asks if the victim would like one. As both a DV survivor and advocate, when someone has been choked by his/her abuser oftentimes the LAST thing they want is something around the neck.

Not to detract from the project but make sure that the victims advocate asks if the victim would like one. As both a DV survivor and advocate, when someone has been choked by his/her abuser oftentimes the LAST thing they want is something around the neck.

Thank you very much for bringing this up. That has been a concern of mine and was brought up to the victim advocates when approached with the idea. They will be sure that the scarves are not handed out to anyone that they may cause more trauma to. :hug

Ok ladies, let's see if I can do this picture thing today!

100_01742.jpg

What do you know! I finally figured it out! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, lol! Well, here are the scarves on hand ready to be delivered to the crisis center tomorrow! Do you see yours? They are all so beautiful! I wish that I was a better photographer! I have another pic of before they were packaged. I'll try to put that one up in a bit too.

Archived