The Drum Afghan CAL

bobwilson123

Yes you are. :lol

What colors is everyone using and how big are you making it. I remember trying this once before and I got the rows wrong or something like that. I hope to do a better effort this time round.

I am in two minds.:think Should I do dark and black or should I do pastels and white/cream. The more I see the pattern, I feel colour cordinated will look very good so should I go for that. I have a few days to decide so maybe by then i will know.:)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how is everyone doing on their strips? I am still working on my first one - I'm moving a little slow this week. From reading the posts, it looks as though things are moving along quite nicely for the rest of you. Excellent!!

Gotta go -- maybe I can get a couple more color sections done before bed time.

Oooohhhh. Me too. I want to start one of these. :hook I am going to have to try and hold off until after Mother's day but that is almost upon us. I'm hoping I can get a few WIPs finished up and that is my deadline for a few. Then start one of these. :crocheting

I already have colors in mind. I was thinking about doing bright pink, blue, yellow, green, and maybe purple. Once I get a strip done I will decide whether to border in black or white. :think I'm thinking black might look good with the brights.

I will be checking back in to see how everyone is doing and will be joining you soon. :cheer

I am almost finished with my 3rd strip. Here is a pic of my first two-

th_crochetstuff001.jpg

I am in the WIP Week CAL though and am trying to get some things finished so I can devote more time to this. Hopefully I can work on it more over the weekend.

Thank you. I might finish strip 3, but afterward I am putting it on hold so I can wait for my new scraps from the Scrappy Swap. :D

I have a nice bag of scraps I unearthed while cleaning out my desk drawers this AM...let the games begin!:hook

• 4 weeks later...
How is everyone doing on their Drum afghans?

Nothing to show, yet...I'm trying to finish one small item before making one of these...

You??

• 7 months later...
Is anyone still doing a Drum Afghan?

:yes:yes:yesI just started a couple of these which was suggested to me by another viller who made one earlier when this CAL first started. I am making one afghan sized and one lapghan sized. In the last couple of months, I bought about 8-10 trash bags of scrap yarn at our local Goodwill and Salvation Army Stores and I am trying to use it up. I have 2 strips of each ghan done. Are you making one too Legal?

I am almost finished with my 3rd strip. Here is a pic of my first two-

th_crochetstuff001.jpg

I am in the WIP Week CAL though and am trying to get some things finished so I can devote more time to this. Hopefully I can work on it more over the weekend.

i like this, but i do not have scraps. :-( i only have some skeins.

You can use skeins, too! I only used scraps because I had a ton left over. :heehee

Scooby! It's good to see you here. Yes, I think your Goodwill haul will be put to good use here. :lol:wink I have been thinking of starting another one, but bigger than the last one. I'll check my inventory after I finish these hats.

• 3 years later...

Archived