The Drum Afghan CAL

bobwilson123

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracy and Sharon your afghans look great. :clap I never thought to make it coordinate.

I sent my lapghan out last week to the recipient who it was intended for. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Tina

• 10 months later...

Oooohhhh my goodness, I love that blanket!! I am currently working on a snowflake afghan, using scraps as the snowflakes, but I don't really like the way it is turning out. So I think I will frog my snowflakes and start this instead. I am off to find some yarn. :hook

These all look really nice. I am definitely putting this on my 'to do' list. I am about one eighth of the way through a chevron stripe 'ghan for my OH so I really want to finish that before I start anything else. Thanks for sharing.

I never did make this...I'd like to start this CAL up again. It's a great way to use up odds and ends and make those charity ghans on my to-do list.

Wow all the ghans look fantastic. :clap

I was going to do this one but left it till later and well later came and went. :lol Must put this one back on the list to be done.

Yay, Wendy!

(am I becoming another enabler?:lol)

I have a set of blocks to put together from a square swap on another site. Then, I am starting this one. I have sooooo many leftover skeins of yarn. Gotta do something!!!!

Debbie

uwcheese

I am done with my first strip! :clap Unfortunately, my camera battery is d-e-a-d so I will have to charge it overnight before I can take a pic. It is really cute, though, IMO. I will probably have to make 7 strips for it to be wide enough, though- I started with an I-hook and my tension seems to be kind of tight so it not as wide as I would have liked.

I have a set of blocks to put together from a square swap on another site. Then, I am starting this one. I have sooooo many leftover skeins of yarn. Gotta do something!!!!

Debbie

uwcheese

Hey Debbie,

My thoughts exactly. My mind is swirling with colours from my stash. :hug

Yay, Wendy!

(am I becoming another enabler?:lol)

Yes you are. :lol

What colors is everyone using and how big are you making it. I remember trying this once before and I got the rows wrong or something like that. I hope to do a better effort this time round.

Oh yes Legalwomen/Debbie,

I am already planning the colours from my stash.Just give me a few days as I am in two swaps right now and want to send off the packages before I dive into something that is going to be totally addictive. So a week to 10 days I wil be posting at least the colours that I will use.

Waiting to start.

I started my first strip this evening. And wouldn't you know it, I got about 15 rows into it and had to frog about 7 of them. :bang But that's okay, at least it was only 7 rows.

I'm thinking of doing the border in black -- mostly because I have tons of black yarn but would have to go out to buy any other color. Will have to think about that a little bit.

I'm very glad that so many of you have decided to join this CAL. :clap:clap

Well, I've been enabled to start another project and this was it. As soon as I get a little further along with my spiralghan I'll be starting this.

Yes you are. :lol

What colors is everyone using and how big are you making it. I remember trying this once before and I got the rows wrong or something like that. I hope to do a better effort this time round.

Well, I've been enabled to start another project and this was it. As soon as I get a little further along with my spiralghan I'll be starting this.

Welcome, SKY ladies:devil

I'm thinking of going with bright colors - making some in different sizes for babies/kids.

i'm new to this forum ur rug d indeed splendid.in our country one leading silk merchant made a silk saree in the same pattern as urs but using some 1000plus colours.and it was a guiness record too.keep posting more

/I]

Welcome, Kala. :hook

Well I started a second strip while watching Celebrity Apprentice with hubby last night. I edged it this morning before the kiddos woke up, and when I put it with the first one, wouldn't you know it- I put the same color in the same spot as the first strip! So I guess those two will not be next to each other in the finished 'ghan. :lol

Archived