The Drum Afghan CAL

bobwilson123

i figured even if a few of my sections arent perfect squares it will work out I'll just switch colors if i know i don't have enough to finish another row if i get a few smaller areas that the rest it will give it charater lol

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i figured even if a few of my sections arent perfect squares it will work out I'll just switch colors if i know i don't have enough to finish another row if i get a few smaller areas that the rest it will give it charater lol

Absolutly !!! that way you can use up the smallest of scraps :yay

well since you twisted my arm with logic lol I guess once I finish my scarf I will look at my scraps and see if I can't find something to start this off with. And since this is only going to be around to get me to use my scraps it doesn't count as having multiple projects going right?? *begs with puppy eyes* lol

How would you count the yarn toward the stash busting numbers? Might start this one tomorrow.

Thanks Rachel

not to sure what you mean ?? when you have used a whole pall you get 2 points ...but if it is a partial ball you get 1 point ...did that answer your question and make sence :think

I am thinking aobut doing this one to use up some smaller balls of yarn. How would you count the yarn toward the stash busting numbers? Might start this one tomorrow.

Thanks Rachel

If you are using small balls of yarn you get 1 point per ball if you use a whole skein you get 2 points. If you use enough of a sken to warrent rolling it into a ball you get 1 point and then another when you finish said ball...hope that helped.

Claire - did you turn each row of your afghan, or did you just start on the front side each time? I would like to make one like yours, real pretty.

Lourna

:hi

you turn your work after each row :yes

i have finished panel 4 border too ...Now to start panel 5 ..now where did i put my hook ??

Oh man - another CAL that I don't think I can resist :D I have been thinking about what to make for one of my nieces for her birthday and this might just be it :yay I will check through my stash and see what I have. She likes blues and this may just work out perfectly for her. Now to do the borders in what color?? Grey, black or white?? I really like black trim on blues but this will be for an 8 year old... Her birthday is in January but I am planning this for NEXT January (talk about planning ahead!! :yes ) I'll have to check with my MIL to make sure blue is still her favorite color :lol

I went through my stash and found some scraps that I can use and some skeins that I otherwise would not use cause I don' thave enough to really do anthying else but here is my question cause I mix red heart yarn with caron SS cause that is what my stash is made up of and if I limit it to just one kind I don't have enough of either to finish one of these unless I let this sit for the next few years lol. I just need to know if anyone else mixes those two together when they do scrappy stuff.

Melissa, you may want to go up a hook size with the Caron SS so the guage is the same as the RH...or go down with the RH...try that.

thank you i will try changing hook size, i found quite a bit to use for this gahn woohoo i will probably start tomorrow i want to wash and blok my 6ft scarf and try to get my daughters scarf done or at least close to it before i start.

here is WIP :photo

and a handy idea

i have discovered that if i stand up my balls of yarn that have a center pull and squish them in so the ball wont pull out, the bucket works really well !!! i just have it on the floor beside me with the colours that i am using for the current project...this project had 2 buckets :lol

you carnt really see it in the second pic but i am starting the border:cheer

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

I started like Clare did with 7 clusters to the row.

10 rows, instead of her 8 because I'm using a J hook and it's rather large and 10 rws gives a better square/block per color than the 8rws did.

Just wanted to do a quick update. I'm still on my first strip. Working with the J hook, the size of each of my color blocks is 8"w x6 1/4"h without a border. Not too bad. I didn't want perfectly square blocks and these look pretty good. I have done almost 10 blocks (3mores rows to go on this color) on the first strip and have been debating how much bigger I want to make the strip. I want to have a good coverage if I happen to fall asleep on the couch (sometimes I don't wake up till morning:eek) and want to make sure I'd be cozy warm. I forgot to measure how long my strip is but can easily do that when I get this color done...

Clare, I see your ghan is only 8 blocks. How long is yours coming out to be? It's looking great!:cheer

I'm just trying to get some idea of what others have planned so I can kinda judge from what ya'll are doing size wise.

Anywho, I'll update later. Like I said, I'm in no rush to get this done. I already have 3 ghans in the making not counting this one and #2 daughter wants me to start the Babette blanket for her which I've done 5 blocks on that already so I guess that means I really have 4 ghans in the making and I still have 3 purses to line! Gosh, I go so lazy after Christmas!! I better get on the ball. :blush

Archived