The Drum Afghan CAL

bobwilson123

Wendy I can't wait to see what you have done so far *crosses fingers and hopes for pics* lol. Since x-mas I can't seem to find anything that screams crochet me but yet everything screams knit me!! Ugh lol. As a part of my new years resolution I am not going to do multiple projects at one I start something finish so untill I finish my HP Scarf I can't start anything but this shall sit on my list of eveuntually down the road...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Needle Arts - We will be here for a while ...i can be overwhelming with to many WIP"s :rofl

Aussie - Oh can you pass some cooler weather over this way .....:sweat it was 38 degrees today and i just couldnt cool down so i sat in front of the :fan and crocheted :hook

i have 3 panels w/borders :woo

i am going to make 6 panels

Hows is every one else going ??? How big are you making yours??

Clare, howdy doody. Yes its nice to have some cool weather, doesnt our weather go through to Sydney. great work on your drum ghan so far. I am still on the first panel and thought I would make the ghans 80" long to fit my girls single size bed. That means with each color being 10 rows and measuring 5" I have to do 16 colors. I might be able to get away with only doing 3 panels for each bed. Each panel measures 11"wide.

I have lots of pink, and in different shades:P...if I use some white to break it up it should be a good baby blanket.

I've used sc to join and it does give a different look...not sure if I'll do that with this one, esp with a baby ghan. My usual preference is whipstitching....

OH NO!!:eek:angry:(

I had just decided that no im going to stop at 10 colors and so started finishing the border. i have just found a mistake 5 colors back, that is 50 rows.:eek

Can't you fudge? Or make it part of a unique design?:think

Judy I cant fudge it, as you do the end of the row where you put the last shell i only did 1 dc for some reason so it then put the rest of the rows one shell short. Dont know how I managed to not notice it. Anyway I have unpicked it all and am now back down to where the problem is and have fixed it, but boy that was a lot of rows gone.

I love the pattern...I'm like a few others, too many WIP right now but have this one down to start as soon as I free up a hook. Just had a thought, I could go buy some additional hooks then I can have more WIP:).

Judy I cant fudge it, as you do the end of the row where you put the last shell i only did 1 dc for some reason so it then put the rest of the rows one shell short. Dont know how I managed to not notice it. Anyway I have unpicked it all and am now back down to where the problem is and have fixed it, but boy that was a lot of rows gone.

:(

:hug:hug

I started baby drum afghan :)

I've got some left over yarn in baby colors..

this is from last year, and my yarn is in 4(purple, yellow, blue and white) different colors so I'll just use that up...i might give this one to my friend who is due in march...it depends how afghan turns out, then I'll decide :)

OH NO!!:eek:angry:(

I had just decided that no im going to stop at 10 colors and so started finishing the border. i have just found a mistake 5 colors back, that is 50 rows.:eek

EEEEEKKKKKKKK !!! :faint :faint

OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! i did that on mine bit it was only 20 rows, so i :frog it

WHAT WILL YOU DOOO !!! is it that noticable ??? but if you are like me and you know the mistake is ther is will bug the life out of you :lol

oh i read your other posts :lol you did end up going to the frog pond.......thats the exact mistake i made .....then it makes the rest of the rows shorter

MAKE MENTAL NOTE VERYBODY ---- after a couple of rows check to make sure you wtill have the same amout you started with ...otherwise we will be seeing everyone in the :frog pond

:welcome to all the new people :hi

Clare I never thought to check that I still had 10 shells. I will be keeping count in future and to think that the only way I found out was when I did the border. Can you imagine if I had continued and done 16 colors instead of stopping at 12.

Same thing happened to me. All of a sudden I noticed I was one shell short. :think

I'm glad I noticed soon enough and had to undo only a few rows, less than 10 :)

Clare I never thought to check that I still had 10 shells. I will be keeping count in future and to think that the only way I found out was when I did the border. Can you imagine if I had continued and done 16 colors instead of stopping at 12.

sorry you had to frog so many rows but I'm sure you will get that all redone quickly you seem to fly through these things. :hook

Hey, everybody.

Just putting my name on the list here for this ghan.

I started this last night, just cause I wanted to and ya'll couldn't stop me!!!!!moohahahaha:lol:D:rofl:nahnah

Okay, I've gained control again..... I haven't any plans to finish this at any specific time because this is the one that I plan on keeping for myself. I've given away every ghan I've ever made- so this one is for ME.

I started like Clare did with 7 clusters to the row.

10 rows, instead of her 8 because I'm using a J hook and it's rather large and 10 rws gives a better square/block per color than the 8rws did.

I am only on my third color- mostly because it was 2am and I was watching HP-POA. (you hp fans know what I'm talking about!)

I'm not in a rush to get this done and plan to take it at my leisure but this pattern really is quick/easy and you can really knock it out. So, I'll probably get this one done fast.

Anywho, glad to be here as part of the Drummer's set. Thank you for having me and all that good stuff........:lol

Well I guess I'm going to join. Seeing how I finished one thing yesterday. I can start another one, now; right? :think:P I don't know how long it will take me, either. But I couldn't resist! Thanks for starting this, Clare. :clap

Now if he tries to put the afghan back in the drum, he is going to have hundreds of women mad at him! :lol:devil

Tina

I started this last night, just cause I wanted to and ya'll couldn't stop me!!!!!moohahahaha:lol:D:rofl:nahnah

I started like Clare did with 7 clusters to the row.

10 rows, instead of her 8 because I'm using a J hook and it's rather large and 10 rws gives a better square/block per color than the 8rws did.

this pattern really is quick/easy and you can really knock it out.

Anywho, glad to be here as part of the Drummer's set. Thank you for having me and all that good stuff........:lol

:welcome to the CAL glad to have you here !

thanks for posting hoe you have started yours :hug

Now if he tries to put the afghan back in the drum, he is going to have hundreds of women mad at him! :lol:devil

VERY VERY TRUE !!!! :rofl

:welcome to the CAL tina :hug

I might eventually start one of these and just keep it around and add scraps to it, I will have to go see how my scrap pile is tomorrow but that requires me to go down stairs and move stuff and I don't have the steam for that right now.

I might eventually start one of these and just keep it around and add scraps to it, I will have to go see how my scrap pile is tomorrow but that requires me to go down stairs and move stuff and I don't have the steam for that right now.

it think it would be a great project to keep handy and just add scraps as you go .... i am trying to use up my stash because it is getting out of hand :D

Archived