The Drum Afghan CAL

bobwilson123

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah- so this will be a baby blanket size?

yes it could be a baby blanket size

but this one will be for chartity for a the old folks home ....just a knee/lap ghan :hook

I finished my blanket !!!!!!!! :photo coming soon :bounce

Clare and Wendy both are looking great. I'm still trying to get all my scraps together and I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna put these colors together I have a bunch of brite colors and a bunch of pastels and I was thinking of making a stip of pastels and a strip of brites and then making the rest whatever I grab but I don't know yet.

Has anyone used any varigated colors, or plan to??

Just wanted to do a quick update. I'm still on my first strip. Working with the J hook, the size of each of my color blocks is 8"w x6 1/4"h without a border. Not too bad. I didn't want perfectly square blocks and these look pretty good. I have done almost 10 blocks (3mores rows to go on this color) on the first strip and have been debating how much bigger I want to make the strip. I want to have a good coverage if I happen to fall asleep on the couch (sometimes I don't wake up till morning:eek) and want to make sure I'd be cozy warm. I forgot to measure how long my strip is but can easily do that when I get this color done...

I made my final decision and am going to go with 12 color blocks. I finished my first strip and it measures 74" without the border. Yeah, I'm gonna be warm and covered on the couch watching late night tv.....

Has anyone used any varigated colors, or plan to??

ooo i think varigated might look great too !!!

Clare congratulations on finishing.

Here is mine so far. Not much done but I did have to frog 50 rows. As you can see Im doing the border as I go along. Photo is clickable

th_P1030113.jpg

thanks wendy ....i think i am gona start another :D have to look through the stash

your strip looks great ...looks good with the 10 shells ....i am gona do that on the next one i make

I finished my first strip and it measures 74" without the border. .

WOW its gona be great ! i found the blanket very addictive :crocheting

Have you ever made a granny square? Its the same stitch used in a granny square, but if you look at the first page of this thread, Clare posted a link to the actual pattern they are using for the drum afghan.

Wow! Clare your afghan looks great! And your first strip is lookin' great, too; Wendy. :clap

I haven't even started mine yet. I need to decide what colors I am going to use... :sigh

Tina

I also have too many works in progress, but I NEED to make this.

First off, I bought several skeins of RH in purple, pink and multi for a blanket for my daughters room, but couldn't find a patterns that I liked. I wanted it to be cool looking and something that she would like for years to come. This one is perfect for that. I already have one panel done, just working on the trim and I'll post the picture. This has to fit a queen sized bed so it is 13 color changes high and will be 11 panels across.

Second, we had the flu over the weekend. Everyone in the house had the cold chills and DS kept getting sick on the blankets. That's when I noticed that I only had 3 afghans!:eek I guess I didn't think I needed that many living in Texas, but now I know better.

Thanks for having me and I'll post that photo soon! :hug

Archived