Felted Waves of Color Tote

Krakovianka

I love how the purse looks felted, great colour chooses!!!!

How big did you make the purse, so it would felt to a nice size??

Cheryl

I followed the pattern as it is written, only using a size K hook (that's what I usually use for felting). My finished bag is probably a little smaller than the original pattern called for, but then...I have front loading washer (can't take something out in the middle of a cycle), and my felted projects usually shrink quite a lot.

I don't make much with yarn--usually work with thread--but I do enjoy felting. I get all my wool from thrift shops, though, so it doesn't cost a fortune, and if I have a disappointing result, I haven't lost a lot of money. :)

I get all my wool from thrift shops, though, so it doesn't cost a fortune, and if I have a disappointing result, I haven't lost a lot of money. :)

Good concept. Do you usually get hanks, balls of wool, or buy clothing and tediously find ends, dismantle, etc.????

Good concept. Do you usually get hanks, balls of wool, or buy clothing and tediously find ends, dismantle, etc.????

Most of the time, I find balls of wool (50 or 100g), although I have found the occasional hank, too. Most of the time the labels are still on, so I know what I'm getting, although I sometimes take a chance and try to felt a swatch at home to see if it will work.

I don't have the patience to dismantle clothing for the sake of the yarn.

As far as the year I used in this bag--I know for sure the two shades of brown are some kind of Norwegian brand, but I can't remember anything about the white.

• 1 month later...

Archived