One Skein Project-Hat and Wrist Cuffs in Caron Simply Soft

gaylefrancisdesigns

I have a tradition with my sister-in-law, that every time I see her, I make her a hat. It's a challenge for me, as she wants something I haven't done before, and I'm usually on a pretty tight schedule. She loves them all, but she swears this is the best one yet. Maybe because the original was made in a really pretty denim blue. Maybe because my brother immediately asked for one of his own. All I know is that I made a cute hat. Lucky for me, I'm very much in the habit of writing down my steps while I work, so I can always whip up another one.

green_hat_front.jpggreen_hat_side.jpg

Which I did with excellent results. In fact, I had enough left over from the skein that I whipped up a pair of wrist cuffs while I was at it:

wrist_cuffs_top.jpgwrist_cuffs_bottom.jpg

And there was still a tiny bit of yarn left over. Not quite enough to do anything with, but still, leftover yarn. I'm quite impressed with both myself and the amount of yarn Caron can fit on a skein.

In fact, I'm so impressed I've also written up the pattern for general use. You can view it here. The rest of the website is down for a bit of routine maintenance, but the pattern is ready to rock.

Gayle

Archived