Why does this always happen?? Murphys law?

vonnie

I am making a very intrigent filet pattern (Thanks Kathy) and I am checking every row, but I just got to the very end of a row and found out I had made a mistake on the row before......two little dc's missing, and had to "frog" the whole row, and of course it was the biggest row so far:eek, and I had checked but just missed these last two dc's, but I did "frog".

Just seems like if I have to rip out a row it is always at the end I find it and also it is always the biggest row:blush Murphys Law:think

OK, back to crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

You are preaching to the choir, sister! Murphy's Law sits right on my shoulder!!! I can't even tell you how many times this has happened to me. No matter how many times I check and double check, it's not until after I've done a couple of rows or rounds that I find a mistake, and have to FROG!!!

I feel your pain. I'm working on commission to turn a doily into a tablecloth with no pattern. I just had to frog around 30 hours work because my circle was no longer laying flat and was just getting worse. This was after 2 separate single row frogs like the one you described (each row taking around an hour and a half at this point).

I wanted to cry.

Ah well, the new pattern will go faster at least.... doesn't make it any easier to bear though....

Well Vonnie, If it makes you feel better. I just had to frog 5 rows of my bedspread last night. My own mistake, But one I couldn't live with. So if you heard a wail of anguish about 9:00 last evening, it was me........... That was almost 5 hours worth of work............

Oh Kathy I am so sorry, sure hope I didn't jink you!!! I just saw your progress it is coming along great!!! Fantastic job, can't wait to see the finished project.....but again sorry about having to Frog....

Vonnie, I feel your pain. When I was doing this same project I messed up on I think it was like row 82!!!!! Nothing like undoing 3-4 hours of work and then when I got back to the place where I first started frogging.......yup made the exact same mistake again!!!!! Errr it was time to put it away for the day. Other than that I loved working on this one!!! Can't wait to see yours finished!!!

I am about 1/2 way done, on like row 60 I think...so maybe not quite 1/2, I have been working hard on it this week, but in the later evening I do switch to a easier pattern so I don't mess up.... I won't take it home with me this next week as I never have time to crochet at home, at least not this first time home in 2 1/2 months.....to much mail and taxes to deal with...LOL But hope to finish when I get back down here the end of the month...that is my goal, Jan 31st..

Where is the pix of yours?? I think I might have missed that when my computer crashed... Thanks for the encoragment!!!

Archived