Blue Simply Soft Ribbed Hat

Tia

I just finished this hat tonight:

CSSRibbedHat.jpg

I used two strands of Caron Simply Soft: Gray Heather, Lt. Country Blue and Dk. Country Blue.

Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, either sell it or give it to charity.

Thank you all kindly :hug

Whatever you do with it, it's a good looking hat and someone will enjoy it! Love the stripes!

The stripes were my idea, but oh the tail ends! :eek Must have been close to 20 of them. Is there no way to work them in as you go?

Great looking hat... I love the stripes. A few years ago I made close to 100 of similar styled hats for charity... I never even thought to do stripes. I love the colors you chose... they are perfect for either a man or a woman.

Joan

I love the hat . What pattern did you use?

Why thank you very much!:hug

I used two strands of Caron Simply Soft held together as one. The colors from left are, Grey Heather, Lt. Country Blue & Dk. Country Blue. The pattern is called Boyfriend's Hat from the book "Cozy Crochet" by Melissa Leapman, ISBN 0-8118-4079-4; www.chroniclebooks.com.

Great looking hat... I love the stripes. A few years ago I made close to 100 of similar styled hats for charity... I never even thought to do stripes. I love the colors you chose... they are perfect for either a man or a woman.

Joan

100!...that's is awesome. You are a lovely person to give so much. :manyheartWhat pattern did you use?

I love the hat .... and the colors are gorgeous! I love the pattern too! I always crochet over the ends when i start a new color... So actually when i do stripes i crochet over bothe the old color tail and the new color tail so I have NO ends to work in except my beginning and ending tail! Once you try it you love it!

100!...that's is awesome. You are a lovely person to give so much. What pattern did you use

Thanks! It was over the course of two years and it was the only thing I was crocheting at the time. I didn't use any particular pattern. It's been a few years so I don't remember exactly, but I basically chained enough to go from the crown to the bottom, allowing for it to fold up. I did DC in back loops, then joined it to make a tube. I then used a tapestry needle to gather up the top. Done! They went very fast. But i got really tired of doing the same thing over and over.

Joan

Thanks again guys (gals) for all your compliments.:manyheart

And thanks to Jackie and Lilmari for your suggestion to stitch over the tail ends as you go. :yayI'll have to work on that...see if I can figure it out! It sure would be easier that way.

It occurs to me that this would be a great gift for my sil. Her birthday was last Fri. but we haven't yet gathered together as a family to celebrate it with her. It should fit her as it is a perfect fit for me (but I don't wear hats). AND this was made using the remnants from the scarf that I made for her on her last birthday (except for the gray..her scarf is all blues). So...YAY!:cheer

Archived