scarf and mittens

CyM

The pattern for this scarf was found after many attempts to find something I could make with a skein of RH Bright and Lofty that was given to me for Christmas without having to buy a crochet hook I'll not use again, and without having to buy another skein. I didn't mind knitting something, but I couldn't find a pattern that would work. This came from this site. I printed the pattern on scrap paper because I figured I'd never make it again, but it has really started to grow on me. The mesh tones down the neons, leaving it bright, but not stop traffic bright. I had the grey, but I used black because I thought the contrast would look better. I think this would be cool in all kinds of color combinations (Homespun would probably work well). I apparently did the weaving part slightly wrong - I wasn't supposed to hold the two strands as one, but I like it better than the picture on the site because by alternating each row, it made a nice brickwork design, plus it could be easier to add strands when using a thinner yarn.

2175274231_9430b0fc2f_m.jpg

And... I made mittens!! (No, these aren't a set :P) I've always wanted a pair of mittens!! And they even came out about the same size! Now if the temperature would just get out of the 70s!:sun

2175274271_9b96fe9b88_m.jpg

Very cool. I love that scarf. I may try it with the lion brand thick and quick chinelle (sp) I've got lying around... make the mesh from one color and weave in the other...hmmm... the posibilities....

I love your scarf!!!

Thank you so much for posting this pattern. I've been looking for months for something like this and even tried to do it myself but couldn't quite make it look right. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Archived