ghan for a teenager

sfgwife

My 16 yo is a wrestler. They have a girl manager and she has had a nasty week and it will only be getting worse for a bit. She lives with her father and her mom is in another state but has come down to take care of her baby girl. This week the girl's father went into a tantrum and beat her and choked her. She is living with the neighbor now and probably will until the end of school (she wants to finish out this year here). So I was wondering if we could get together and make her a ghan to help comfort her right now.

I am looking for 12 inch squares of pinks and purples and whites. Possibly some greens to go with the other colors as a contrast. Any help and prayer for this wonderful young lady would be greatly appreciated. I feel so bad for her but she is just plugging along and seems to be doing well. She still smiles and comments on my crochet every day at practice when I see her. (she has always loved watching me work and loves the things I have made)

Thanks Ladies.

ty everyone I will let everyone know when I get theirs and if I can find the camera I will take pics of them before I put together. If not I will def take pics of the finished ghan cause I WILL find it by then.

ok everyone I am so sorry I haven't goten on here sooner it has been a crazy week. I have gotten many lovely squares in the mial for this and will put a ty on here in a few days. But I wanted to let you all konw that I have gotten many and they are lovely! TY again for being willing to help me on this.

ok everyone the ghan is finished I thought I had everyone's so when I get the few more that are in the mail I will mkae her a pillow to go with the ghan will that be ok if you don't see yours in there?

Thank you again to everyone who helped me out in this and I will give this to her tonight when I go pick up my son from wrestling. I think it turned out wonderful!

100_0359.jpg

Archived