Hello From the Alien Capital of the World!!

Neenaboopsie

:yes It appears that I'm the first one from Roswell NEW Mexico. As our NEW Mexico Magazine points out every month, NEW Mexico is not generally considered one of the 50 states. But, we are!! I grew up here and have traveled mostly on the East Coast with my husband of 38 years. :manyheart We had to come back here because both of my parents have ARMD and need assistance in their every day living. Mom used to crochet ALL the time and taught me simple crocheting when I was a kid, but I didn't start REALLY doing it until 30 years ago, and then gave it a rest (with 4 kids and 6 grandkids) until this year! Boy, the scarves have been flowing. I've probably made 50 since the first part of December and my daughter-in-law took at least 20 home with her at Christmas (under the pretense of giving them to her friends and family -maybe). My crocheting has inspired my oldest daughter to restart her crocheting. We are both in love with the fancy yarns and are having a ball mixing and matching to see which comes up with the most original.

Please let me hear from some of you other :crocheting out there! I'm really not an alien (green, brown or otherwise)!

Hi and welcome from the West Coast of Florida.

Your title cracked :roflme up so much, I had to come and see where you are from.

This is a great place to feed your hobby. I love it when they use the pretnese of giving them to friends and family.

Welcome to the happiest place on earth.:hook

Thanks for the reply. I've never joined a forum before so I'm not exactly sure what everything is. I can see we're really close to the same age (I just turned 57). Anything you're interested in or that I could help you with, please holler at me. I may have to ask some questions like..some of the abbreviations and the club parts?? But I'll get around to them soon.. Thanks

Glad you're here. Don't feel bad about people not recognizing NM as a state. There are some that have never heard of NC. If it weren't for college basketball, they wouldn't.

I've been to NM - southeastern. I'd love to visit Albuquerque - the hometown of one of my best friends.

Welcome!

Welcome from The Eastern Shore of Maryland! This is a very addictive and friendly place enjoy. :crocheting

Archived