Hello!! Anyone from the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania?

littlehook

Thanks so much all, for making feel so welcome and all your good wishes!!

Segi, thanks for the info about the "tastycakes" I'll make sure to try them this time:)

Oh... and just wait for Musikfest in August. So much fun and so many great artists... (Yes, it's in Bethlehem, but that's right next door...) And Celtic Fest in September...

You can get a tastycake in just about any grocery or convenience store... Wawa is the best! And there's always a cheesesteak. Admittedly, for a honest to goodness one you've got to go down to Philly, but there are plenty of good steak and hoagie places around. (What you get in the rest of the country is not a cheese steak.

The Lehigh Valley is really a happening place and they've done a lot to try and revitalize it since the steel left. there is lots of great local artists, musicians and other good stuff.

Hi Littlehook,

:welcome from Northeast PA. I see you took my advice and found your way to the introduce yourself page. I've only been here a few weeks myself but everyone makes you feel so welcome. I'm still feeling :thinkmy way around the entire site. I think we're gong to like it here. :yes

Hi Addey!

Thanks so much for telling me about "musikfest" I don't mind driving around. I can't hardly wait to be there! I'd been thinking if in the LV there isn't a Crochet Guild chapter from the Crochet Guild Of America, I may sign up for the one in NYC. If you are interested let me know. They meet once a month. And have many classes. You'd been in SLC before? It's true the mountains here are outrageous. But I LOVE the green of the East, I told hubby, I wonder who waters all this??? Just kidding... Everything grows so well! I LOVE roses, I'm digging all 30 of them and taking them with me to plant it over there. I have lots of color, and I'm not planning to leave them behind. I'm originally born in the caribbean, from Spanish dad, brought from Spain as a little kid, and greek descendent mom, but 18 yrs ago I moved to Manhattan then 3 yrs later to SLC. I have always missed living back east. Now life is bringing me back, and I can't refuse the opportunity. I'm very grateful.

I will try the Wawa tastycake. Thank you for the suggestion ;)

I also love Cheese steak, hubby told me we need to go to philly sometimes, as I think I'm in heaven each time I try one from Dennys, he said I will die for sure when I try the real thing...LOL!

Yes, I love to see that people are trying to revitalize the LV after the steel left. I really believe it will be very prosperous again. I'm very happy as we were able to find a nice 1800s victorian town house to restore at the historic part of town. It will be alot of work, mostly is cosmetic but it will be a pleasure to bring this awesome piece of history back to life. I'm very happy about it. I have seen others victorian houses that people, trying to improve them, without the proper advise of a historical architect or structural engineer, have damaged their structure, it is very, very sad. Houses like this with such architectural details, are hard to find nowdays, to me is like finding a little treasure.

Please keep in touch!! I would like to be friends. After all we are close to each other :)

Hi Cindy!

Thank you for your great suggestion to post, and introduce myself. It really worked! Yes! Everyone here is wonderful and makes one feel at home! We both are going to like it here...I agree.

Are we close? I'm in Allentown. I still don't understand very much. I think Allentown is on the Eastern part of PA? Please feel free to email any time.

I've been to SLC a couple of times. Once I was staying in SLC, once I drove down to Mona and I can't quite remember where I drove to the third time. Utah is a beautiful state. Actually, with as much traveling as I've done, I'm hard pressed to think of an "ugly" state.

This is definately a great state to explore. I've lived the majority of my life here, but wasn't born here. The great thing is, we're only a short drive to the Jersey, Maryland or Delaware beaches! And an even shorter drive to the Pocono "mountains". Not to mention Philly is about 1.5 hours away from Allentown and NYC is about 2, with good traffic. Harrisburg, Lancaster County and lots of farmland and family friendly places are about 1.5 hours west as well.

I'm sure you'll love it here.

Addey :)

Hi Addey!

Thanks so much for telling me about "musikfest" I don't mind driving around. I can't hardly wait to be there! I'd been thinking if in the LV there isn't a Crochet Guild chapter from the Crochet Guild Of America, I may sign up for the one in NYC. If you are interested let me know. They meet once a month. And have many classes. You'd been in SLC before? It's true the mountains here are outrageous. But I LOVE the green of the East, I told hubby, I wonder who waters all this??? Just kidding... Everything grows so well! I LOVE roses, I'm digging all 30 of them and taking them with me to plant it over there. I have lots of color, and I'm not planning to leave them behind. I'm originally born in the caribbean, from Spanish dad, brought from Spain as a little kid, and greek descendent mom, but 18 yrs ago I moved to Manhattan then 3 yrs later to SLC. I have always missed living back east. Now life is bringing me back, and I can't refuse the opportunity. I'm very grateful.

I will try the Wawa tastycake. Thank you for the suggestion ;)

I also love Cheese steak, hubby told me we need to go to philly sometimes, as I think I'm in heaven each time I try one from Dennys, he said I will die for sure when I try the real thing...LOL!

Yes, I love to see that people are trying to revitalize the LV after the steel left. I really believe it will be very prosperous again. I'm very happy as we were able to find a nice 1800s victorian town house to restore at the historic part of town. It will be alot of work, mostly is cosmetic but it will be a pleasure to bring this awesome piece of history back to life. I'm very happy about it. I have seen others victorian houses that people, trying to improve them, without the proper advise of a historical architect or structural engineer, have damaged their structure, it is very, very sad. Houses like this with such architectural details, are hard to find nowdays, to me is like finding a little treasure.

Please keep in touch!! I would like to be friends. After all we are close to each other :)

Welcome!!

Hi!:)

I'm new to the forum, I will be moving soon To Allentown, PA. And would like to know please, if I'm near other crocheters. Where are the yarn shops, are they places or people that offer crochet classes in this area? Is there a crochet group that meets regularly?, etc. I'd been crocheting on and off for 10 yrs. I believe I'm between a beg and intermediate crocheter, but I need help still. I'm interested in every type of crochet, yarn, thread, etc. Also interested in tatting and knitting.

Any info will be tremedously appreciated!!:yes

Archived