yarncat

BCA Turtles

I made 31 Breast Cancer Awareness Turtles for the HO clinic last Sept/Oct.Attached was a card stating what to do at what age(self-exam:20,mammogram-40,etc).

BCATurtles.jpg

cute lil' ones...

jaye

Very cute!! Such a great idea:cheer I love the colors!

That is awesome of you! And what amazing little turtles, I love them all!

We used to see turtles all the time in Michigan (in fact, I would stop to rescue a turtle if it was on a busy road-- a lot). But I never saw one when we lived in Colorado.

I guess we have some desert tortoises out here (in Vegas) now, so I will hopefully see some in the summer. :turtle

Tina

they are great ! and how thoughtfull of you to donate them to a good cause :)

they are great and exist on great reason... bravo!

I know I already posted here, but I have started one of these already, I just love them. Your BCA ones are probably my favorites. I just had to say again how cute they are. :P Our youngest son has already told me what colors he wants his turtle to be. :lol (I never said I was making them for him...) :P

Tina

wow, they are adorable. You sure have a breeding program happening with that many!

I made 31 Breast Cancer Awareness Turtles for the HO clinic last Sept/Oct.Attached was a card stating what to do at what age(self-exam:20,mammogram-40,etc).

BCATurtles.jpg

YarnCat: As you can see in my avatar, this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. I am also a BC survivor and just had my one year anniversary of being cancer free last October 2007. I am just so overwhelmed emotionally, and want to tell you what you are doing is absoulutely AWESOME. Early detection and a positive attitude are the keys to beating this ugly monster.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug

i work with a large group of women and we are very close..(30+at times) this is a great idea and i would llike to do this. where did you get the pamplete you gave with them? This is why i love this group so much. It is not just about crocheting but keeping ourselves healthy.. body, mind, and soul...

How cute! And what a wonderful idea.

Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Thanks,All!

I had been handing out the regular Turtles when the head nurse,MaryEllen,asked me to make these.

YarnCat

What a fabulous idea!

My mother is a breast cancer survivor and take intrest in issues such as this. Thanks for adding your support to the cause!

:cheer

That is a great idea and a very important message.

I just love your turtles, but this makes them even more special.

It is amazing what you do for others. The afghans for hospice and now this.:hook

Your turtles are so much prettier than the original pattern! You are doing an awesome thing!

Your turtles are so much prettier than the original pattern! You are doing an awesome thing!

I'm the creator of the original pattern.:think