cheerios1004

Completely lost and can't find my way back.....

Question

Can anyone please tell me, or please show me what I am supposed to be doing here. I have been crocheting for years but have never seen anything written like this and I don't understand it at all. This seems like a pretty ghan and I really want to make it. I don't want to let this ghan win, I have to make it! LOL Thanks. Heres the pattern...I get stuck after the pick up and pull loop through 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th st from hook, leaving all loops on hook, yarn over and pull through all loops on hook. Where I get stuck is at the *...after that I don't know what to do...any help?:hook:yarn:eek:think The worst part is that you can't even see the stitch to tell if it looks right...hmmmm

7 answers to this question

Well, I just looked at the pattern, and I am with you. Doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry!!! Can't wait to see if someone here can explain it.

Debby

That's weird...the picture doesn't have much detail at all, but I sure can't see any texture in it, looks like it is made of plain dc. You could just make squares of a plain stitch and join them:) You'd have a checked afghan, without messing with the pattern. Just a thought....

Thanks guys, If i can't figure it out I was gonna go with either sc or dc. :U

okay. i think i get it, maybe i'm just weird, but it makes sense.

i grabbed a hook and some yarn and did what it said to do first, and then after the "asterisk" symbol i interpret it as follows:

slide your hook through the hole (they call "eye of the stitch") directly below your hook (this is the space that is holding the 'group' of stitches together when you pulled through 'all loops on hook') pull up a loop - you now have two loops on the hook.

now go down to the next chain and slide your hook through, pull up a loop, go to the next chain, slide your hook in and pull up a loop - you now have four loops on your hook.

yarn over and pull through the four loops, then chain one. this chain one will be the first spot you put your hook in, plus the next two chains, to make your next stitch.

for each stitch you will pull up a loop from the 'eye' of the chain one from the last stitch, and you'll pull up a loop in each of the next two base chains, then yarn over, pull through all loops, chain one, repeat.

i did it this way and it comes out with the 24 stitches.

hope this helped.