Henny Penny

diamond

I wanted it, got directions sorta, found a cute one sorta but not the same, so made my own! So I don't think this counts as my own design as a picture of what I wanted can be found here but a pattern that could be worked can be found here. (Note: On skamamawa's journal, scroll down about half way to see picture) So when I couldn't sleep this morning and all my WIPs were in my bedroom with hubby sleeping, I sat in my craft room and came up with this:

http://img238.echo.cx/img238/7126/mshennypenny20jd.jpg

The body is made of Bernat CottonTots in Wonder White, coxcomb (red thingy on top of head) is Red Heart Super Saver in Hot Red, beak is Royale Fashion Crochet Thread #3 in Tangerine, nest is Microspun in Mocha and eyes LB's Kitchen Cotton in black using F hook throughout except for beak which used a 7 steel hook.

I can tell you that the nest is my own addition so here's what I did:

I joined the Microspun in Mocha with F hook to rear of chicken with a slip stitch then ch-3, DC around, join w/sl st, ch-1, 2 sc in each st around, join w/sl st & fasten off. Weave in ends.

So those that are in the Kitchen/Bath Swap, this one is for you. I can just see lots of you getting Henny Penny in your swap packages.

Thanx Chatty! Go for it. Like I said, it's really not my own design or pattern. Just my adaptation of it.

That really worked up cute. I need a rooster also. My MIL has a rooster in her kitchen.

Shari, just make a bigger coxcomb and had a red thingy under the beak. Ya got a rooster. Maybe a bigger & fancier tail, too.

By the way, I did put some cotton balls inside Henny Penny to fatten her up a bit.

Ash, I gotta tell ya.....that panda avatar is just way too cute! I could just sit and watch him roll over & over & over. He's just adorable!

Thanx all, glad you like my Henny Penny. I thought of calling her Chicken Little but felt Henny Penny fit her better. It took me less than an hour to make her without a pattern, so am sure it would take even less with a pattern to go by.

that is cute.

We use to have a pet chicken.. lol. Her name was "Henny Penny".. LOL

Terri, we used to have a pet chicken when I was growing up too and her name was Henny Penny as well! We used to walk her on a leash. Why, I don't know because we lived out in the boondocks and there wasn't a car around. :rofl But then again, we also had a pet skunk we walked on a leash, too! (His name was Blossum, of course, after the skunk in Bambi and he was de-scented).

I wanted it, got directions sorta, found a cute one sorta but not the same, so made my own! So I don't think this counts as my own design.

I would say it definitely counts as your own design. You could say it was inspired by what you saw before, but you've definitely made it your own. Looks great! I just love chicken stuff. So, are you going to use it? My mom won't use hers for fear it will get dirty!

Julie

I would say it definitely counts as your own design. You could say it was inspired by what you saw before, but you've definitely made it your own. Looks great! I just love chicken stuff. So, are you going to use it? My mom won't use hers for fear it will get dirty!

Julie

Well, I hadn't planned on using it but tonight I steamed some fresh veggies, went to take the lid off the pot, the handle on top was too hot and I almost dropped the glass lid and that hot steam came up and almost got me. So I grabbed Henny and she helped me out. So, yeah, I'm using her. Now that I made her, I can always make another. And thanx for the insight on whether or not to call it my own design. I really had a lot of inspiration between you, lavendar & South Bay Crochet.

Thank you all for your nice compliments. And, wrenlover, you started this the hunt for this little chicken. So my hats off to you, too! But I still swear there is another site out there in webland that has something even closer to Henny Penny than the sites I've already mentioned.

Archived